WebRepo 2.0 - Easy access to projects from the Codea community

@UberGoober I don’t think creating a new project would make a difference, it’s all the same process as an update.

What are the names of the tabs in the Joystick walker dependency? WebRepo auto includes tabs from dependencies so I’m just trying to figure out if it has an odd name or something. That and the exact name of the joystick walker project?

I should just upload the Joystick Player (actual name) to WebRepo for you. Except the latest update won’t run, it has an error at the line shown.

Tabs

@UberGoober Sorry about this! I think you need to return to the project browser and then re-open it after the latest update.

As for the upload issue could we return to the ProjectSplit : Line 36 (in WebRepo) thing I mentioned. I’ve attached a screenshot showing what I mean. If you can tell me the last thing it prints before the crash it could really help!

Thanks!

The entire error message

@UberGoober Thanks. I’m really not sure what’s going on there :neutral: The only thing I can think of is that a previous crash has put your project in a broken state. In that case if it’s possible would you be able to redownload the original project and re-apply your changes?

On other thing. You do have enough space on your device don’t you?

I’ll try to make that system more robust in future.

What kind of space do I need?

@UberGoober Probably at least 1GB of free storage? iOS seems to struggle when a device is nearly full in my experience.

@UberGoober I took a look into it and managed to repro your issues.

Unfortunately it looks like you’ll have to redownload the space project and re-apply your changes to it. The large .obj model file gets split and your project is in an inconsistent state from what I can tell.

Edit: I’ve also updated WebRepo to hopefully avoid similar issues in future.

@UberGoober, I’m also happy to help. If needed, I can re-download or send you the 3D model. I also am happy as I previously mentioned to try connecting your joystick dependency with my Egyptian demo model that has not yet been uploaded anywhere (will take me a week or so likely to finish doing so and happy to send it to you first for your review before uploading if you are interested).

Fyi.
Cc: @Steppers

@SugarRay Feel free to submit with WebRepo anyway if you want. Anyone can download pending submissions if they enable the review menu from the settings page in WebRepo. I’ll just leave any submissions from you in the queue (and not add them officially) until you tell me otherwise. Just be sure to update the version for each submission or there’ll be duplicates in the queue.

Thanks, @Steppers — will follow those instructions :slight_smile:
Have a good week.

Well, this time it says that it succeeded in uploading, so fingers crossed…

@UberGoober Succeeded and now approved! It’s far more useable with joysticks. Nice work!

@Steppers thanks! Shoulders of giants and all—I did it by combining @John’s cameras with @dave1707’s joysticks.

Um… I installed it, and ran it, and it said it wanted to update, and I let it, and now all it does when I run it is show a “sample UI widgets” screen (one with no obvious way to exit, either, until you find the hidden X).

NVM… deleted it, scrolled backwards to find the latest version posted here, installed that, and it’s running. Thx. I’d post my project now, but I have to take the fam out for Mother’s Day, so it will have to wait.

Thanks for accepting my update to the icon for three.js, shouldn’t that update the icon on the web repo listing also?

@UberGoober It doesn’t at the moment due to the old icons being cached. You can see the new one if you go to the settings page (in WebRepo) and clear the cache though.

Hmm just noticed that when ProcTree is downloaded through WebRepo the JavaScript tab borks ProcTree a little: the project doesn’t respond to touches.

In general any implementation of touched(t) in a Craft project will prevent the Touches dependency from functioning properly, I think, and the JavaScript tab includes a touched function.

When I commented out the touched function on the JavaScript tab, touches worked properly.