StackIt (v1.1 released!)

@Zoyt, found a bug: If I turn off the music and play a game and then return to the menu it starts playing again, but at the bottom it says music off

@JakAttak - Thanks.

Please note: I pushed a new version out recently, but I have encountered a crash right when you loose. I’ll add a known bugs list soon.

@Zoyt you might want to add a constraint to the ellipse object. I got an ellipse today that was only about 3 pixels wide making it very difficult to tap and remove

@Zoyt I crashed when I got my Highscore.

The new tutorials are great. I hadn’t realized that I could tap to get rid of an object… Getting much better scores now! I did notice that when the tutorial popped up I was already touching the screen and when I tapped to dismiss the tutorial, the object went flying of the paddle (Kind of how it used to be when I paused and resumed)

@West - Coming in the new version
@SkyTheCoder - Yup, I listed that bug in the build notes. I’m still trying to figure out why. I’ve spent about 6 hours already looking for it.
@JakAttak - The tutorials aren’t perfect. I’m working on a better script and layover images. And as for the bug, I though I already fixed that. Weird. Were you using 1 or 2 fingers.
Thanks!

Only one. I was holding the paddle when it popped up so I had to stop touching and then touch to dismiss it. I think the paddle follows that touch.

High score: 55270

@JakAttak - Ah, got it. You let yourself touch the screen for one frame. Got the bug now.
I litterally made 95325 without cheating. My previous highscore was 47000ish, so @Andrew_Stacey, Nice job. I can’t wait to add GameCenter.
I’ve got soft bodies working (my own code, not part of application). I hope I can implement advanced bodies so I can add the soft bodies, ragdolls, cars, etc. Next update won’t be for a while, so sorry, but you’ve got to live with the bugs for now.

Alright, I’m running into crashes a lot of the time. I’m being driven nuts with leaks related to Codea and darn crashes not related to my code. The next build coming in a day or two (sorry, I was on vacation) will not have anything to fix the crash unless I find it. Please send me your crash logs from your devices like this:

Thanks!
EDIT: Oh, and thanks a TON for testing my app so much. The logs I’m getting through TestFlight are helping a lot. Thanks!

Oh, and sorry, are all your crashes happening at the game over, or just some of them?

New build out. Please download it.

Love the new icon.

Yes - liking the icon too. Not sure about the squares landing on their corners and balancing. - makes it feel a bit too clinical and artificial. Otherwise seems good for the few goes I’ve had time for.

@JakAttak, @West - Thanks a lot. I think I spent a bit too much time on the icon, but I’m glad my work payed off. West - Do you suggest that I make them come down at completely random angles, or stick with 90º angles? Thanks!

@Zoyt I think the first few should come in flat edge down - the easiest to deal with for starters. Once other shapes start coming in then I’d introduce the other angles. My only issues is that if it comes in corner first when it lands it balances on that corner which is a bit odd - that’s all

I love the new icon, too. And I have a few things to say about the menu:

On the RGB theme, it seems to freeze up for a moment whenever it starts using a new color. (On red, when it passes orange and starts using green a bit to make yellow, it freezes. It also freezes on light blue to blue, and purple to red.)

The shapes falling in the background can get hard to see at certain points in the RGB color scheme.

The background spazzes out when you spam the “change theme” button. (Because you know someone’s going to do it.)

Hey… Any plans on making a wiki for this game? http://stackit.wikia.com/wiki/StackIt

Maybe you could make the shapes that fall in the main menu be only ones you’ve already seen? I’m getting major spoilers… Also, there’s a duck shape?