StackIt (v1.1 released!)

…App randomly crashed on main menu…

Useful syntax: http://twolivesleft.com/Codea/Talk/discussion/1896/forum-syntax-for-text-decoration-cheatsheet
For an image: ![text](link)
[edit] you’re welcome!

Just noticed the glitchy transition between the night theme and the RGB theme… By the way, are you planning to release the music as a soundtrack? 'Cuz I would buy it. Seriously. It’s that good.

@SkyTheCoder - You’re not on the latest version. The latest version fixes most of this stuff. As for the crashes, I have no idea what happened. The latest version has the TestFlight SDK integrated, so that will help.

@Simeon - Here’s a little video of my game:

Sorry it’s freezes at times. AirServer isn’t perfect.
Anyways, new build.

@Zoyt nice work - high score of 37k. Initial thoughts on additional power ups.

A deep freeze which locks all objects in their current position on the bat.
An expanding bat.
An extra “sweeper” bat along the bottom to catch objects that fall off the bat.
A reverse input bonus - sweeping left moves the bat right
A screen inversion for a limited amount of time.
Combo bonuses for destroying groups of like coloured blocks together
Every so often drop a block a twice the speed
A “bullet time” bonus which slows and zooms into the object to allow pixel perfect placing, or take it a step further by freezing the screen for 5 seconds and letting the user drag and rearrange all the objects ( no gravity effect while frozen)

@West, Nice score! Those are also some great powerup ideas.

@Zoyt, some feedback on the things you asked for at the top:

• Love the music. It’s great

• Not a huge fan of the icon, I would do something more like the paddle with a few objects stacked on it, with the same background as in game

• The gameplay is really good, it’s engaging and its addicding.

@West - Highest score of my users so far. Great ideas too. I think I’ll use them. Thanks!
@jakAttak - Thanks for the feedback.

That looks really good @Zoyt, thanks for sharing the video.

Thanks Simeon.

@Zoyt I downloaded StackIt this morning. There’s already a new build? …Yes there is…

First go, scored 33,494.

1. When I clicked on the “How to Play” then the first time I missed the “Double tap to get back” message and couldn’t figure out how to get back so ended up killing the app. Maybe the first and last screens (or every screen) should have a back button.

2. I have no idea why I lost. I caught a shape with a funny symbol on it and that ended the game for me. What are the symbols and what are they for?

3. My tallest tower is allegedly 2052 units. Somehow, I doubt that!

@Andrew_Stacey - Thanks for the feedback. You basically highlighted everything I’ve been working on fixing in the next build.
I’m completely blowing away the how to play section and replacing it with tutorials as you encounter them. That includes telling what certain powerups do when you run into them. You probably touched a TNT oject that made everything go flying. Finally, I was just fixing the issue when you touch TNT and an object flies up, that doesn’t register as part of the tower.
Thanks!

Please fix:

“Your getting the hang of it”

Or I’ll send Lynne Truss round with a panda to sort you out.

@Andrew_Stacey - Oh… Haha. It took me a bit too long to get it.

@Andrew_Stacey @Zoyt I’m still trying to get it after about ten minutes…

Edit: Googled “Lynne Truss” and I’m kind of getting it… :smiley:

@SkyTheCoder, the joke is about a quote from Lynne Truss:

A panda walks into a café. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and proceeds to fire it at the other patrons.
“Why?” asks the confused, surviving waiter amidst the carnage, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.
“Well, I’m a panda,” he says. “Look it up.”
The waiter turns to the relevant entry in the manual and, sure enough, finds an explanation. “Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves.”

I love google

Haha, I saw the name of the book “Eats, shoots and leaves”, but I didn’t get it. Now it makes sense :))

Yes! Got a highscore of 30,979! I’m usually below 9,000!

@SkyTheCoder - Nice job.