Record of deleted users.

Wow - talk about flashbacks. I used to run a forum for Quarterdeck (way long ago), and had the same issues, we ended up going invite-only.

Speaking from experience - I strongly suggest when in doubt, decline.

I was looking at the docs, but unfortunately “mailback” registration (where you apply, and get a mail invite you have to respond to) isn’t an option - pity, that’s fairly effective, because creating and responding to a ton of mailboxes means you end up putting the burden on the mail admins :slight_smile:

Do we have CAPTCHA turned on for the registration page?

I’m not sure what NatTheCoder is trying to do, but he seems to be trying to see how many discussions he can be in at the same time. At this time he commented on 13 discussions with comments that really aren’t necessary.

@dave1707 - I’m afraid he is like skullagepk, who has had a similar history. And saying you want to write a chat program and then asking how to centre the title is very telling.

But I’m not sure you can tell him in a way he will understand!

So arurumcoder2624 made a comment about sounding like noobatcoding. I do not believe that he was around for noobatcoding trolling. He also said noobatcoding was a scourge of the forum. I’m thinking that he is noobatcoding.

edit: I’ve also started removing his nonsense bumps, thus dropping his post count. If he complains then he’s post farming.

Boy, after moderating some of the more excitable kids in the forum, I’m glad I’m not a teacher…

Yeah, you think they’d get the first warning. Is it really that hard to play nice?

Some of them have social or learning issues, I think. At least, that is what some of them have said from time to time. I’ve just sent a long message to NatTheCoder to try to straighten him out.

So I think we have to try to be patient with them, within reason, as long as they aren’t deliberately trolling.

I closed the thread on suggestions for new functions (or something like that) because it was becoming a slanging match, and aurumcoder2629 immediately tried to start a new one, even though the original suggestion was dealt with. So I deleted that one and PM’d him to explain.

He is not too different from NatTheCoder, from what I see. There seem to be quite a few kids who don’t realise that you need to put your head down and learn to start with, not stroll in and start firing off all sorts of badly informed comments.

I think a lot of the kids post stuff just to post. The majority of what they say doesn’t add any information to the discussion.

Well, aurumcoder2624 has outdone himself now, promising to reshape future graphics.

More intriguing though, is that I googled his email address, brianhsong@gmail.com, and it comes back to a legal firm of that name. I think the owner’s son has borrowed his email address for Codea, because our user has to be a kid. But why? I hope not because he is one of our banned users who used his own email address previously. I think I’m getting paranoid 8-}

aurumcoder2624 has been annoying the hell out of me in the last few days, resurrecting old threads with irrelevant comments, making unsupported statements and then rudely bumping them 10 minutes later, and just being an all round jerk. He has absolutely no idea of what’s appropriate.

Left to myself, I’d remove him, because I don’t think he has any real intention of learning Codea properly, but I leave it to others to decide.

Yep, some of them think this is Facebook, all right

Wish we could limit the amount of daily posts for an individual user. That would help! If you think it’s his fathers email address, maybe send a polite letter?

I think that before someone is deleted, their IP address should be recorded so it can be compared to new or existing users. Those deleted user IP addresses and deleted names should be listed someplace that’s easy to access.

Yes, I was wondering about noobatcoding, too…

Maybe we can keep updating here with any deleted users.

Noobatcoding    31.186.228.30      I think this was his.
aurumcoder2624  50.168.3.190       Just in case

Well, I have written to aurumcoder 4 times. I have explained about resurrecting old posts, I have explained this is not social media, I have explained everything politely - and still he does all of it.

Time for you guys to pitch in, I think!

aurumcoder2624 has the same IP address as BlitzCoder2624 just in case.

Ah - BlitzCoder’s email address tells me he is Ben W Song. So I think aurumcoder uses dad’s email address and BlitzCoder may be his own. (I know it’s dad’s address because I’ve seen it directly linked to the law practice).

So he clearly has two memberships, which we don’t allow.

Actually there’s 22 duplicate IP addresses. Some might be from a school, but some are duplicate users.