Record of deleted users.

@dave1707 - I think StupidLittleBooyah is an old customer

1. he joined just a few hours ago, but
  2. he already seems to know about CC
  3. he is deliberately posting in bold all over the place
  4. he is claiming not to have any programming ideas when the first thing any newbie does is try to learn about Codea, ideas come later

I have my finger poised over delete.

@Ignatz That what I was thinking, he’s been here before. He seems to know stuff but acts like he doesn’t.

I have the same feeling.

Lets keep track of email addys.

StupidLittleBooyah - fartman2013@icloud.com

I see the real name of StupidLittleBooyah is Conor Demetriades.

http://codea.io/talk/discussion/4918/help-me-please

This was the real name of TheRogueBatcher, whom we deleted.

Do we delete or wait for him to cross the line? (I’m not sure he didn’t already, with the bold text stunt).

I vote delete. He was previously unpredictable and irrational, I see no reason to go through that again.

@Ignatz I could change his username back to TheRogueBatcher? Explaining that we are aware of his previous account and telling him to behave this time might lead to better behaviour. If it doesn’t, he could then be deleted.

@Simeon - I have no faith he will improve. He is very erratic and unpredictable.

Let’s see what the others think.

@Ignatz okay, if you think deleting is the better action then feel free to go ahead. Especially if everyone else agrees.

I’m not 100% sure that it’s him, more like 98% sure :slight_smile: I believe theRoguebatcher was younger and SLB is talking about a room mate. I vote we keep an eye on him for the time being, but it is very fishy.

@Briarfox - but the name he uses to sign his code is the same…and the “room mate” is a convenient excuse for the bolding prank

I think we should keep an eye on him. The next time he posts something different send him a PM and let him know he’s one post away from being deleted.

ok, let’s see what he does…

I didn’t realize the name was the same. I’ve been deleting his useless posts.

I also deleted some of his posts when he first started. His attitude doesn’t sound like someone who is here to learn Codea.

We’ve been getting dozens of spammers promoting Michael Kors. Seems a reputable site so I emailed them complaining about their SEO activities!

I did a check of duplicate IPs over the past month or so and found one person with the same IP and the same email address, who had registered with two different user names, code_maker and iPadtutorial909.

I’ve asked him which one he wants to keep. I don’t think we want multiple accounts, even for well behaved users.

Watch out for “Alex Butler” who tried to register six (6) user names at once, 4 with very similar Yahoo email addresses, and 2 with Gmail.

Ths could be an old friend, who knows?

newtocoding - Using the same displosable addresses of our favorite forum troll.

I just deleted DarrellBro who claimed to be noobatcoding’s brother (and also claimed to be the “Swedish guy” that we recently banned).

@Andrew_Stacey I accepted DarrellBro’s account. I looked at his IP address and I thought it was the same as IlikeMc but I wasn’t sure. IlikeMc said he was Noobatcoding just before I deleted that account. I was going to watch DarrellBro’s posts, but I got sidetracked. Apparently he didn’t waste any time posting spam and you deleted him. I saved his IP address when I accepted him, so I’ll be able to watch for that IP in the future. It’s 31.186.228.30

The problem is that you can’t be sure who not to accept unless their reason for joining is pure spam. Two days ago, I declined over 1000 applicants and accepted 1. You also can’t decline a possible user based on an IP because the address varies a little when they sign on to their internet provider. So I guess we’re kind of stuck with Noobatcoding until he grows up or get tired of being deleted. If the IP address is close to what I saved, we just have to watch and wait for spam from him and delete him on the spot.