Record of deleted users.

One way I determine if I should approve someone is to ping their account. I have the free app called “System Scope Lite”. That let’s me key in their email host name and to ping it. If I get responses back then I approve them otherwise I don’t. Not sure if that’s a valid way or not or if it’s possible that a valid host name won’t respond to a ping.

Agree with decision, I’ve been concerned about him for a while

Done, I kept old content just in case someone took the time to answer one of his discussions. We can delete any specific posts if we need to.

You got my vote. I’ve warned him in the past.

@Andrew_Stacey I say delete account but keep past discussions.

I just deleted 23 vulgar posts from TRB. Time to remove him.

On clicking “Delete Account” one is presented with three options depending on how much of the user’s contributions one wants to keep. I suggest you click on “Delete Account” on someone’s account to see the descriptions (you can back out again).

The content of the second one that I deleted was obscene so the only question in my mind was whether or not to keep old content. Based on what’s just been said, I’m happy with keeping old content but deleting the account.

Whats he upto now? I say keep previous because he did start a few discussions I believe. I’ve been so close to deleting him from the day he joined…

@Andrew_Stacey Yes, both were by TRB. I don’t think the past discussions need to be removed. Would deleting his account remove his past discussions. I think removing him is in order. I’ve seen too many other forums totally destroyed because no one took the time to stop anyone. Maybe there should be warning discussion pinned at the top saying any discussion out of bounds will result in that persons removal.

I’m not sure who this person is, but I’ve declined him about 50 times so far. Like @Briarfox said, he makes it easy to decide.

Surely a record, I just deleted 28 simultaneous applications from a different shoe salesman

I just deleted a pointless discussion by kirop.

@Andrew_Stacey - see here, maybe it wasn’t him

http://codea.io/talk/discussion/4879/clear-up

Just declined 5 applicants, 4 were for sunglasses, and the fifth inappropriate.

@dave1707 - make that 5 for sunglasses, that guy is persistent!

@Ignatz 3 more sunglasses and some kind of a bag.

@Simeon - can we ban the email of this guy who keeps trying to sell us sunglasses?

EDIT: he always uses “h.ar.v.e.yn.i.cloeausppiry@gmail.com

Just deleted 7 more from him. At least he makes it easy.

I guess if enough of us are spread thru the different time zones, then there’s always someone on the forum to decline them.

I’m not too sure about StupidLittleBooyah