Finger Chase: A somewhat difficult game for Codea

I’ve had this project in my Codea programs for a while now and I want to share it with you all. This is a game in which you are trying to collect coins while trying to avoid the obstacles in your path. More details are in the game. The game is currently on version 1.5, which removes the bug where the coin would get stuck inside of an obstacle as well as a new play icon.

https://pastebin.com/raw/SgsWq1PR

Note: For the sound to work, you will need to download Game Music One and Game Sounds

Copyright 2016 niorg2606
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

@niorg2606 Anytime you post code, put 3~'s on a line before and after the code so it formats correctly. I added them to your code above.

@dave1707 Thanks for the heads up!

Nice game! My high score so far is 61

Update 1.1 posted, check original post.

Hey, this is an excellent game! The simplicity and the difficulty are both what mobile game design is prizing currently. Snazzy up the graphics and add a little more variety in gameplay (but not too much) and this could easily be a Ketchapp app (on any given day Ketchapp usually has one or two games in the top 10 free games boards).

@UberGoober Thank you :slight_smile:

Update 1.3 has come out. I think it’s really cool! Converted to a paste in because the code was getting too long XD

So, a little news update about the game.
About 2 weeks ago (from 2/17/2017), an organization by the name of JosefLeventon Apps published a repository on GitHub by the name of “FingerChaser”, which contained a .zip file with my Codea code as a .lua file. I’m not an adult yet, and I have no licence; There is NO visible way for me to take down the repository. I need your guys’ opinion. I realize we are talking about open-source code here, but to not give me credit for my work is complete blasphemy.

Is there anyway you can contact them and ask them why they have your code. Maybe it’s a mistake.

Can you share the github please, I’d like to take a peaksky

@niorg2606 I love your game, well done!

It’s great that you even took the time to build a settings menu (with selectable themes) and a help screen.

I’m sorry to hear about the GitHub user publishing your work under their account without attribution. I’d be happy to contact them on your behalf if you want to share their details via private message or email.

@dave1707 @EvanDavis @Simeon I did a little research myself, and I could only find a phone number. They have a website at http://jlapps.wixsite.com/jleventonapps. The GitHub repository is https://github.com/JosefLeventonApps/FingerChaser

@niorg2606 Go to the github link you show above. On the left side about halfway down, you see the first line I show below. Tap on the name josefleventon and it will take you to another page. On that page, you’ll see the 2nd line I show below on the left side of the page. Tap on that line and then tap on report abuse where you can file a complaint against the user.

josefleventon committed on GitHub Add files via upload
block or report user

@dave1707 Okay, I did what you asked.

I also posted version 1.4, which should prevent this from happening again.

Done!

What is the website that the game links you to?

Added to wiki

@EvanDavis It links you to my “company’s” webpage: Bad Bird Inc.

Cool

Thanks @niorg2606, I’ve raised an issue about this.