Finger Chase: A somewhat difficult game for Codea

Thank you so much @Simeon for helping!

I put a licence on the code (MIT X10) to prevent copying.

Version 1.5 released.

Hello,
I just heard about this and saw that @niorg2606 was the owner of the code.
I never knew that.
One old member of our team came in, a lot of time ago, with some code made with the Codea platform and assured us that he was the rightful owner of it.
Now that it was discovered, the Finger Chased project is being taken down, and I am sorry for any caused inconvenience.
At best regards,
Josef Leventon

@niorg2606 Looks like this turned out OK after all.

@niorg2606 I think it’s great you’re still updating this.

If I may make a few suggestions, I think it could possibly improve gameplay if you did a few things:

1. It might be more fun if the attacker or ambusher or whatever it’s called started off moving more slowly and got gradually faster.
  2. It could add personality to the ambusher if you gave it a little bit of inefficiency here and there. Right now it moves very mechanically, gliding directly towards the player. If it didn’t always take the 100% correct course, but wandered a little and sometimes outright missed, it would seem kind of like a living thing, since practically all we do is make mistakes. :slight_smile:
  3. It might add another layer of depth to the game if the obstacles for the player were also obstacles for the ambusher. For instance, if you could make it so that if the player maneuvered the ambusher into one of the obstacles, it would make the ambusher pause or shudder or get thrown off course or something, it might add a slight extra bit of strategy that might be fun.

Just some thoughts of course. I like how you’re keeping at this!

@UberGoober Oooo personification; I like it :slight_smile: