Codea 3.0 ver. (108) & ver. (111) & ver. (116) & ver. (118)

@Simeon - just to be precise, iPad pro (9.7) iOS 12.1 and Codea 3.0(116).

The project icons setting is on small.

Another thought, I have updated Dropbox recently so it may be that. Also I have not re-installed examples etc from the Codea systems menu.

I had to install 17 updates for apps on my iPad recently and iOS made me install them again the following day. Sure iOS is creating a lot of problems. Also if a lot of applications are using the iOS file management nowadays. Could that be contributing to losing the Dropbox link. Resyncing dropbox takes me a couple of hours - loadsa files.

Suggestion for website - can we put entries in for iOS version and Codea version that automatically display in the forum thread posts ?

@Bri_G that’s a really good website suggestion, but I have no idea how to pull it off.

I’m thinking we should probably drop explicit Dropbox support once we can reach feature-parity with the standard iOS file system. That way you can still use Dropbox but also any other cloud or local file provider.

@Simeon - just checked against Vanilla forums and there appears to be a profile extender, YouTube link to its use:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=THQlsmyTmb4

@Bri_G just tried Profile Extender, the only issue is that the additional information only shows up in your profile.

There is another one we could look at: https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/yaga-application which could let us assign badges for particular version of Codea/iOS among other things.

@Bri_G @John we can probably modify it to show the info elsewhere

@Simeon, @John - thanks for looking at these, if we can see user info when looking at their problems it could speed things up and make the forum slicker. It relies on the users updating with iOS, Codea details and even if it’s only visible from their profile details it would help.

@Simeon @Bri_G @John I’m not sure if adding more user info is going to work or not. You’re relying on users updating their info which changes constantly. You’re also not asking what type of device they’re using. And then what about users with multiple devices. You still need to know what device they’re using. We’re not under a time limit as to how fast we have to answer someone’s questions or fix their problems. A lot of time I’ll ask a user what version or device they’re using and I might get a response a few days later. How fast they want their problem answered depends on how fast they respond to us or how much info they include with their post. Odds are I probably wouldn’t update my info each time something changed.

@Simeon @John @dave1707 - having read dave1707 not I think this idea could go on the shelf until Codea development problems are resolved. It’s a nice to have.

@Simeon (ver 118) supportedOrientations is deprecated and now shows the message (though truncated) that it’s not supported. So that message works OK. Went thru a large program double tapping words and selecting reference. That works a lot better then in the past. Ran into a few problems. If I selected fill as in fill(r,g,b,a), I got taken to Voxels.fill. If I selected line as in line(x1,y1,x2,y2) I got taken to Voxels.line. Would it be possible in cases like that, that both “line” and “Voxels.line” shows and the user could select which one they want info on to be shown. Not sure how much trouble that would be.

@dave1707 I like your idea, the system needs a bit of an overhaul (e.g., it shouldn’t even show “Reference” as an option if there is nothing to show for the selected term).

I think I’ll have to defer fixing the lookup bug (fill → voxels.fill) until after 2.6.1.

@Simeon , @John ar.pause() does not cause an error message anymore. No longer see the hidden materials and only one copy of materials in assets-that’s all good!

There is a problem with ar.run() after an ar.pause(), it does not work properly.

By the way, the documentation on which 3d models can be loaded needs to be updated-more models formats than .obj can be handled now.

@piinthesky - interesting, what other model types can be loaded?

@Bri_G from a previous post by @john, i think: OBJ, FBX, STL and BLEND. I have tested that STL works but not the others.

@piinthesky - thanks for that, another feature I need to check out.

I still cannot boot Codea on iPhone

https://imgur.com/a/j0NnsC9

Codea 3.0 for iPhone has been expired. When will it be updated or released? I love to code Codea on my iPhone.

@sanit I’ll try get another universal build out for you! Sorry I’ve been so busy with Shade’s launch — but now that we’re done with 1.0 of that I can start back on universal Codea

@Simeon Thank you for your support.

@Simeon I tried to export Pong game that I write in iPhone but no luck. When Codea expired, I can not see it with iTune. When I use 3uTool, it shows Codea but does not have Document folder to export files.

@sanit argh really? That’s upsetting. I’ll put out another iPhone compatible version soon