Codea 3.0 ver. (108) & ver. (111) & ver. (116) & ver. (118)

@simeon coming back to the grid in the voxel editor example, which ‘fades’ away as a function of distance from the viewer camera. This effect shouldn’t really be happening should it, unless the fog parameters are enabled?! Is there a way to avoid this when i use the grid class in my code?

I installed latest codea version, but it says, it’s 2.7.5 for me.

If it’s beta, I’d sign up!

Just noting that those of us on build 145 are down to three days.

@Mark There’s a Codea version 2.7.5 (145) on the App Store. TestFlight has a 2.7.6 (147) version now.

@Mark version 2.7.6 (147) is now on TestFlight with the updated Xcode export I mentioned (sorry it took so long, it was stuck in Apple review for days, even as a beta release)

And already I discovered two issues around music playing when it shouldn’t and extra text left on screen. Sigh.

@Mark can you tell me more about the problems you’re having?

Is music playing when it shouldn’t related to the music() API?

@Simeon So sorry, i droppedthe message in the wrong topic. The bugs were mine, not yours.

@Mark haha no problem, glad there’s fewer bugs for me to fix though

@Simeon Here’s something I ran into that took me a little while to understand what was happening. At first I didn’t understand why x1 was 0 and not WIDTH/2. Of course parameter.integer only works with integer values and I didn’t realize at first that WIDTH/2 was a fraction on my iPad. Just wondering if parameter.integer should convert any fraction to an integer instead of returning 0 as the initial value.

function setup()
    parameter.integer("x1",0,WIDTH,WIDTH/2)
    parameter.integer("y1",0,HEIGHT,HEIGHT/2)

parameter.number("x2",0,WIDTH,WIDTH/2)
    parameter.number("y2",0,HEIGHT,HEIGHT/2)
end

@dave1707 the behaviour you suggest sounds more correct, good find

@Simeon I’m not sure how or what’s going on. Somehow when I tap on a project icon it stays on the screen instead of opening the project. If I tap another icon it gets put on top of the previous icon and a counter increments. Each time I tap an icon it gets added to the stack and the count goes up. Here’s an image of my screen showing 5 icons. I can close Codea but those 5 icon images stay on the screen, so I don’t know if it’s Codea or iOS.

@dave1707 that looks like a drag-and-drop bug! Weird.

In the universal version I have drag-and-drop enabled on that screen (though non-functional at this time).