Codea 2.3.2 Beta

@Bri_G you must have disallowed it accidentally when it asked for permission. Codea will always ask once for permission, and if disallowed it must be re-enabled in settings. I guess I could add a print statement to that effect in the demo project.

Hi @Simeon,

You’re probably right about the disallowing permissions. Are there any situations when permissions are reset - updating iOS, using TestFlight?

I’d just pass it on to the demo updating team. Maybe the demo needs upgrading anyway.

Thanks again,

Bri_G

Version 51: saveText using nil deletes the file as it should. Couldn’t test the other changes, I don’t know what the original conditions were that caused a problem. Those will have to be tested by whoever reported them.

@dave1707 thank you for letting me know.

In 2.3.2 build 51, it seems that matrix.rotate now takes the angle in radians, whereas before it was in degrees. I’ve not tested the various vec.rotate commands to see if it is the same with these. I didn’t see this mentioned in the"what to test" notes, so I was wondering whether this was intentional (something to do with GLM maybe)?

On a related note, is there a persistent list somewhere of the “what to test” notes, so that we can check back to see if there’s something we’ve missed in a previous build? Currently you can only see the notes for the latest build. Perhaps the new build notes could just be appended to a growing list of the notes from the previous builds?

@yojimbo2000 good catch, I’ll need to change that back to degrees. It was the result of the GLM update.

I’ll try populate the first post with a list of change notes.

I’m on the iOS 9.1 beta

@JakAttak if you make a new project does it show up in spotlight?

@dave1707

the tickets for those issues were here if you want to see the original conditions. It’s not just the reporter that should test, as different hardware/iOS versions can behave differently.

https://bitbucket.org/TwoLivesLeft/core/issues/362/mat4-vec4-produces-odd-results

https://bitbucket.org/TwoLivesLeft/core/issues/370/savetext-name-nil-does-not-delete-text

@Simeon, I’m having the same problem… I can’t see my projects on spotlight

@Simeon I updated to the latest build and everything is working, I can open projects, and the spotlight search works fine. Sorry for the delayed response, my iPad is having some troubles charging.

@Simeon

Mat4 * vec4 now seems to work as expected.

Deleting a text asset with savetext nil now works with files ending in .txt, but it doesn’t do anything for files ending in .yaml that you pick in the asset picker (doesn’t give the error it used to though, just doesn’t delete the file), unless you type in the .yaml extension yourself. This is an inconsistency, in that generally, the asset managing commands readImage, saveImage, readText, saveText, accept filenames withou the extension, and the asset-picker truncates file extensions. To be honest, I think this extension-truncating behaviour is problematic, as it creates ambiguity if you have 2 files with the same root name but different extensions, eg an OBJ model might have myModel.obj and myModel.mtl (if you are adding support for these extensions). Perhaps the asset picker should return the file name with the extension intact (but have the commands themselves still be able to make an educated guess as to which file is being indicated if the extension is absent, in order to maintain backwards compatibility) ?

@SkyTheCoder did you update to iOS 9?

@erickyamato if you create a new project, does it show up in Spotlight when you search for it?

I don’t want to sound dumb, but what is spotlight search.

@dave1707 swipe down on the iPad homescreen, or swipe to the leftmost panel of the homescreen and you see a search box. Starting with iOS 9, this search box now has an API that developers can use. Type in part of the name of one of your projects, and you should see relevant Codea projects returned in the results. I guess it doubles the functionality of the project search bar in the Codea project screen. I suppose it could be good when people have installed Codea on their iPad, but haven’t really used it yet (I remember I had Codea on my iPad for a few months before I used it), to act as a “nudge”.

@yojimbo2000 Thanks. If I swipe to the leftmost screen, I see the search bar and my Codea projects show when I do a search. I never used that for anything, so I guess that’s why I didn’t know about it. I also have my projects set for alphabetical order, so I don’t even use the search option at the Codea home page.

On latest build, I can’t access the += row above the = button.

@Mark those are only enabled when there is a valid token somewhere to the left of the caret.

E.g., if you type:

local someVar |

And the | is where the cursor is, then the option to += that token will be available.

(Edit: the reason behind this is because Lua doesn’t have a native +=, so it’s a shortcut to replace someName with someName = someName + x)

New project doesn’t show either

@Simeon Yes, but it seems to be having trouble picking up variables this time around.

Also, I’m crashing out of the app much more frequently than previously on the same code. I’m sure I’m just seeing memory overruns, and likely ones caused by some obscure circular reference… Are they showing up in your reports? I don’t suppose you can see what’s leaking?