Codea 2.3.2 Beta

@Simeon Getting back to the cut,copy,paste,re-indent,lookup popup not showing, here’s what makes it stop working. After pressing one of the keys in the top row that has the dot in the upper right corner to show the extra keys, the popup won’t show anymore after that. It works again after closing Codea and getting back in.

P.S. You don’t have to select one of the extra keys, you just need to show them.

@Simeon Oh, sorry, when you said spotlight search I thought you meant the search in Codea. I’m still on iOS 8.

@dave1707 thank you! That’s really helpful in tracking this down. I think I know what causes this in iOS 9.

@SkyTheCoder no problem

@Mark is it a specific sequence that it fails to work with? If it’s consistent then it should be quite easy to fix.

I wish I could see the crash logs. I get them all, but they are not symbolicated and are impossible to read. When TestFlight was not owned by Apple things were a lot more reliable. Edit: looks like Crashlytics supports bitcode now. I will switch to that over the built-in crash reporting for future builds.

@dave1707 damn, you’re right. I’ve been trying to work out what made the pop up disappear since iOS 9 came out. Can’t believe I never spotted that.

I get the pop up back by pressing either the search or reference buttons

@Ignatz wow, who needs bug fixes when you have workarounds! For me, that only works if I type something into the search field at the top of the reference. Great to know though, I was getting bored of having to force quit all the time.

Hi Guys,

Just a quick check - I have been trying to set up yojimbo2000’s 3D modeller, without success. Every time I try to sync Dropbox it drops out of Codea, so transfer of models isn’t possible. I’m looking into why I have the problem. Could be my Dropbox size - I have hundreds of files in the Codea.app folder.

Please confirm this is not a feature of 9.02 or 2.3.2(xx).

Thanks,

Bri_G

@Bri_G I have over 400 Codea projects and I don’t have any problems syncing with Dropbox. The largest file that I sync with Dropbox is 1.2 MB.

Neither the search or reference gets the popups back for me. Going all the way down in the reference to a specific function or going to a found variable in search has no effect. So far only exiting Codea works for me.

@Simeon Not sure what I did to get this.

Codea keyboard photo image_zpsgkxiwu26.png

Hi @dave1707,

Thanks for the feedback, what iOS are you using. Also are your 400 files set up as Sprite/asset packs.

Thanks,

Bri_G

@Bri_G I’m on iOS 9.0.2 . My 400+ files are Codea projects, not sprites. Maybe that’s why I’m not having problems.

@Simeon For the problem I show above with the keyboard, here’s a program to show how it happens. Hold the iPad in portrait orientation and execute the below program. It will be in landscape orientation, but don’t rotate the iPad. Close the program and tap the screen to show the keyboard. It should be messed up.

supportedOrientations(LANDSCAPE_ANY)

function setup()   
end

function draw()    
end

@Bri_G I don’t seem to be having any issues syncing dropbox. 189 files, 40mb, about half jpegs and pngs, half text files (obj/ mtl files). Codea 2.3.2 build 51, iOS 9.0.2

@dave1707

Neither the search or reference gets the popups back for me.

Interesting how you, Ignatz and I get subtly different behaviour. Have you tried pulling down on the slide-out reference to get the search box at the top, and typing something in there? That’s what i have to do.

@yojimbo2000 Doing a search from the reference screen gets the popup back. A lot easier than closing Codea and getting back in.

@dave1707 it looks like the cut/copy/paste menu is an iOS 9.0.x bug relating to showing popups. iOS 9.1 appears to fix it.

That rotated keyboard looks crazy, I’ll try to reproduce.

I believe the memory leak is still there in mesh definition. After blocking a bit of code at a time, it looks like memory wasn’t recovering if the draw method redefined a set of meshes.

Just run this little snippet…

function draw()
    local m = mesh()
    print(collectgarbage("count")*1024)
end

And you can see that garbage collection seems to work at first, then stops.

@Mark so the memory leak comes from mesh()? I recall fixing one related to meshes, will look into it.

@Simeon iOS 9.1 does seem to fix the disappearing cut-copy-paste pop-up bug!