Codea 2.3.2 Beta

@erickyamato it’s fixed in the next build.

@Simeon, on (49)? I downloaded it and this continue happening

@Simeon The camera is upside-down in the latest build for me as well

@erickyamato that’s right, it’s fixed in the next build. The current build is 49.

Edit: if I fix a bug you have reported I will put it in the release notes for the build, so if it’s not listed it means it has not yet been addressed.

@Simeon, that’s ok! Thank you!

@dave1707 I am unable to make the cut/copy/paste popup stop showing. Any ideas on how you run into this?

(Build 50) I’ve just got the same bug as @dave1707 where the popup menu is completely gone, can’t cut, copy, paste (it is, as @dave1707 says, similar to how they disappear with Codea 2.3.1 on iOS 9. )

It’s really tricky to say what causes it. Forces quitting and relaunching Codea re-enables the menu. Just now it happened when I copied something from the console log, but when I force quit and restarted Codea, I wasn’t able to reproduce the bug by following my steps.

I never worked out what caused it in 2.3.1 on iOS 9 either. It just seemed really random.

@Simeon Same as what @yojimbo2000 says. I tried to find a pattern as to what causes it to disappear, but it seems random. It seems to be OK as long as you don’t execute the code, but after running, then it seems to happen at random. Exiting Codea and coming back in brings the popup back.

@Simeon Camera orientation looks OK for all orientations, front or back camera on version 50.

Thanks @dave1707 @yojimbo2000. That sounds really frustrating. Will try reproduce by focusing on code execution.

Maybe in this update could you make ellipses look nicer on retina displays? It doesn’t seem like it would be very hard, and that would make lots of things much easier.
(The issue with them is that their antialiasing is too blurry; they’re rendered like they’re on a non-retina display)

@FLCode they are rendered at twice the resolution on retina. In fact, you can see the shader source yourself among the built in shaders. Perhaps the AA is too blurry though.

My projects aren’t showing up in spotlight search

@JakAttak are you on iOS 9? It’s 9-only feature

Spotlight search works for me (by name of project)

Camera problem - works fine as camera app in iOS but when running camera demo from Codea no image from either camera front or back.

IPad 2

iOS 9.02

Codea 2.3.2(50)

is this a feature of the demo?
I would expect a camera image up when running the demo - just a grey screen!

Bri_G

@Bri_G did you give Codea permission to access your camera? Did it ask?

No problems with the camera demo for me.

Hi @Simeon,

To your first question - no, I haven’t set any permissions up for the camera.

To your second question, no the demo/Codea didn’t ask for permission.

Bri_G

Hi @Simeon,

Gave camera permissions in iPad settings and now working OK.

In portrait mode Sprite displayed is not full width, is this due to side panel allowance from the camera?

Demo needs rem statement to effect of Settings permission is required to get it to work. Apart from seeing the image can we test tha Codea has permission to access the camera?

Thanks for the help.

Bri_G