Clumsy Boxing

I really like it, but I would decrease some of the store prices. The rounds only gave me 4 tokens and the prices in the store are 100+

@Mason, thanks for the feedback. Re: prices, at the current rate, you can buy an upgrade after 25 games. Since games can be finished pretty quickly, I think this is pretty reasonable.

@JakAttak Ah, ok

The new build (6) includes a brand new game mode: Play by Play

I understand that some people arent fans of, or dont understand the point of, arm-mageddon mode. That said, I still want to have more than one game mode that people can play ( and enjoy ). Enter play by play. Hopefully you guys enjoy it.

Play by Play completely changes the dynamic of Clumsy Boxing. It removes a lot of the clumsiness of the game, making for more precise moves, and longer lasting, more complex games. Basically, the players are frozen in place, they move their arms into desired positions, and then they resume the game. It plays for 1 second, without the players being allowed to move, then it freezes again, and repeat.

@JakAttak When it gets smushed, usually on a wall. It doesn’t get stuck, just smushed.

Is it just me, or did everyone randomly get 2138 tokens, and it didn’t cost anything to upgrade?

My arm seems to disconnect from my socket occasionally in Play By Play mode…

Feature request: be able to play back an animation of your gameplay in Play By Play mode, without any pauses?

And by the way, I like arm-mageddon mode…it’s a lot of fun.

@SkyTheCoder, oops! everyone in build 6 got 2138 infinitely lasting tokens, and unlocked a bunch of achievements. I forgot to take out some code I used to take the screenshots for the app store.

Weird. I will look into it.

Im not sure I understand the feature request… You want to be able to record and play back your game?

Thanks! It’s not going away, this is just a supplement.

@JakAttak Re the feature request, I mean to be able to watch the characters move the same way as when I was controlling them, without the pauses. Like an extra button on the game over screen, to watch how the boxing match looked without the pauses.

Edit: examples on the arms disconnecting

Picture 1
Picture 2

@SkyTheCoder, hmmm. interesting. ill look into it.

what happens before the arm detaches? did it get smushed, or stuck in a wall? it might be a box2d problem which are hard to solve.

@SkyTheCoder, thats what I figured. I’ll see if I can do something about that…

Here are the iPad Screenshots:

Glitches/ bugs I found
Clicked the exit button in the middle of the screen at the exact moment I died and I got this:

http://i.imgur.com/3kLAI3c

I clicked the restart button from the codea pannel and got this:

http://imgur.com/m4amHs4

Then, I played play-by-play and then played normal and the arrow from play-by-play stayed:

http://imgur.com/FgwuqMR

@JakAttack I think that you should consider making the controls less clumsy because, at least for me, it feels like I have no control at all. The clumsiness is only entertaining if you find the right balance between outrageous and control.

Take Goat Simulator for example. In that game, you have ok control over the goat and some control over what you lick. If you had complete control over what happened, the goat accidentally flipping over a car and blowing up the gas station wouldn’t be funny . But if you had no control, then you might as well have you dog roll around on the keyboard for all the difference its going to make.

@JakAttack Maybe use specific gestures with the two joysticks to have your boxer do different things. Maybe pointing the two joysticks at each other makes the arms come together in front of the head to block.

Alright. I’ve heard you guys when you say the controls are too hard. But the game is also called “Clumsy Boxing” for a reason. So, I’ve been trying to find a compromise. Build 7 includes two small tweaks that leave a lot of the clumsiness alone, but still gives you some more meaningful control over the boxer. While you still might not be able to deliver a super precise strike, you should be able to get from point a to point b more easily.

Let me know what y’all think.

i prefer new controls.

when the arms are horizontal it is not possible to know which way the boxer is facing. you could indicate this with a nose or something on the face (actually i liked the idea someone had of puting a photo of the players on the face).

i dont like having the pause and stop buttons right in the middle of the screen.

i would prefer titles to each of the screens…game statistics, options…

It looks amazing! I can’t wait to try it! Will it be out for iPod?

@piinthesky,

• glad you like them better

• interesting idea. I will look into it

• where would you prefer them to be?

@warspyking, yes it will be available for iPod Touch

One thing I notice from the trailer, the 2 little black buttons seem as part of the game itself. Instead of placing them in their amer, I recommend a pause button for your settings by like a slide from the left side of the touch device to the right. So like, you slide left to right and it brings up a little pause menu, was that confusing?

@JakAttak The newer controls are a lot better. You can now control where your boxer is but not exactly what his arms do, which I think is a better balance.