The Codea Holiday Cook Off

Nope and nope.

@Andrew_Stacey Does it have to do with math at all?

@Andrew_Stacey

1st Guess. The Washington “Protect the Initiative Act” which was the
517th initiative in Washington which protects petition gathers (kind of like this theme selection process) from harassment and discrimination.

2nd guess. The 517th Pokemon in the Kanto Pokedex is Munna, who is arguably one of the worst Pokemon ever made (theme and stat wise) and should crawl back into it’s pokeball and never see the light of day again! >:)

Created a highscore tracker for use in any of your submitted projects. It’s not secure (easy to fake scores) but it might be fun for some of the projects.

Code Here

I’m not done with it yet and you will have to process the data yourself. Any feedback would be great.

@Andrew - got to be this one, right?

517 is the smallest number n such that n+sigma(n)+sigma(sigma(n)) is a cube, where sigma(n) is the sum of all divisors

Naturally, I just knew that :smiley: , I think about this sort of thing all the time :-B

@Andrew_Stacey - I’m going with @Ignatz, but the only other answer I can find on Google is that it’s an Angel Number.

No fair. You implied that the answer was in english (saying that that is right)

@Andrew. 517:
5+1 is 6 which is the number that comes before 7. And why was 8 afraid of 7? Because 7 8 9 of course!

Let’s see who’s nerdy enough to know why that number’s special.

(Nerds rule)

Forty-seven is the fifteenth prime number, a safe prime, the thirteenth supersingular prime, and the sixth Lucas prime. Forty-seven is a highly cototient number. It is an Eisenstein prime with no imaginary part and real part of the form. It is a Lucas number. Because its digits appear as successive terms earlier in the series of Lucas numbers: 2, 1, 3, 4, 7, 11, 18, 29, 47… ; it is also a Keith number. Forty-seven is a strictly non-palindromic number. Its representation in binary being 00101111, 47 is a prime Thabit number, and as such is related to the pair of amicable numbers {17296, 18416}. Forty-seven is a Carol number.
(Wikipedia)

Who thinks of all this stuff??? Cototient? Thabit?

@Andrew and @Sky I will kill two birds with one stone, they both are in pi! :-))

@Ignatz :open_mouth: Not the answer I was looking for but impressive.

@Prynok Nope.

I’ll wait a bit longer for someone to get it right…

@Prynok - Almost any rational number is probably in pi… Same with e

Forty-seven is the most commonly occurring two-digit random number

@Ignatz I think you got it. It was the 47 conspiracy from Star Trek. I use 47 all the time as a random number. :wink:

Second number guess: 701

As close as it gets to truly random, off of random.org.

One time on random.org, when I got a random number from 1 to 100, it was actually 47…

Actually, you’re not guessing a secret number. Instead, I intend to add up all your responses and find the modulo against the length of my list of “words that have a lot of different meanings.” That will give the selection for the theme.

Potato (Who gets that Referance?) jk, 4

One Question: Does it have to be Codea, or can it be Pythonista or another Game-Making Program on the AppStore thats for iPad?

I think you guys should use Codea.

Just sayin…