Realistic Zombie Apocalypse! Community Input Needed!

“Zombies Ate my iPad”?

Related to picking a good name, here’ some questions to answer that might help drive a choice; at least it’s where I’d start for a game of this nature.

How prevalent are the zombies? And as for the storyline, what caused the apocalypse? Was it the zombies or were they an after effect of a larger problem? Is the player simply surviving, or is there a larger overall goal? Do you have a story arc yet?

I would save the name for last. If you want a name right now for the storyline, or splashscreen, or whatever just store a variable something like projectname = "Zombie Apocalypse" and use the variable anywhere you need the name this way you have a placeholder to test with and when you finish the game and have a good idea what to name it you simply change the one line and it is changed everywhere you use it.

@aciolino, I’m currently working on the storyline with a friend whos quite good at writing stories, and I’m currently working in simple side missions, the buildables list, and basic art assets. As for the Goal, its going to be optional for the player to do the story

@JakAttak, Thanks for that, I’ll use it, Development is currently on hold, Mid-Terms coming up and I want to relax a little bit

Ah mid-terms… I have finals at the end of the month so i understand what you’re talking about. Can’t wait until i get to be retired and code all day :slight_smile:

tbh, MidTerms dont get me scared at all, I never study, still get 80’s

@JakAttak - You’re going to have to be single to live that dream :smiley:

Quick Update:

Development is paused due to the fact I am waiting till the new Codea update comes out, I decided to finish up the intro and Img downloading. The Pastebin code can be found here and I would live to hear some feedback on what can be improved! Heads up though, the paste comes down in a week

What’s coming in the new version that you are waiting for? New functionality or specific fixes?

@time_trial - I assume sounds and just being fed up with an iOS 6 style app in a world put under a rolling pin.

@Zoyt is right, Sounds are what I’m waiting for, also for whatever new features the new update will have

@CodeaNoob - Not much other than a completely new UI look,

Ah, in that case, ill start development again

@Zoyt - “in a world put under a rolling pin” =)) Classic.

Just in case someone wanted to know the rating:

http://picpaste.com/extpics/image-Gal5J49Y.jpg

@CodeaNoob I’m assuming that’s some pun I don’t get, because it’s rated by the “EZRB?”

Its just a mock rating, just thought I would post it as a joke

Oh…

What’s the A stand for? :stuck_out_tongue:

A for Awesome!!!

So only for “awesome” audiences (versus “mature” audiences and “everyone”)? So no one un-awesome can play? Man, you’re eliminating a ton of users. :slight_smile: