KickAsteroids - Zoyt's Codea Holiday Cook Off Development Thread

@Zoyt, are you not a beta tester?

I’m really get annoyed. I’m removing tiny features left and right for speed optimization. While you can’t quite tell in the video, those tiny features are what make the difference. (This is why Lua is for prototyping and small parts of games.) Anyways, quick update:
http://youtu.be/pdbAOjXM-3o
You can see some bugs I have to fix still in that video…

@JakAttak - I am. v2 is not in beta yet.

Oh darn.

@Zoyt Either that or you haven tried all the tricks, have you set the categories and mask? That might help!

@Prynok - Yes I have.

I’d added 3 powerups so far. I’m also in a very bad situation: I have to either finish my game in the next 15 minutes, or find a random person in the family that is willing to lend me a hot spot, which runs at about 10 KB per 30 seconds where I’m staying. :frowning: What to do… What to do… I don’t think I can get an extension…

Quick update:
http://youtu.be/KEfl4OiQkHU

Nice. Do the missiles help you?

@JakAttak - Yes they do, I need to finish adding the rest of them. That’s what I’m doing right now.

No chance of a Starbucks, or Panara bread?

Here it is. Also on CC. I might post a video eventually.

Missing Advanced Radial Gradient BG Tab line 5

After this cook off competition, could this be a appstore game?

@Pops - Uhg. My fault. Sorry. Working on. Fixing it.
@Jessevanderheide - Probably. I wasn’t going to originally, but I got such a positive feedback compared to other prototypes, that I think I’ll follow through with it (not in Codea though…).

@Pops - I’ve uploaded the new one to GitHub and CC. (@Mark - If you’ve downloaded the code already, you may want to upload it.) Thanks!

In the tutorial you spell lose wrong over and over again (you spell it loose)

@Zoyt nice, i will be looking forward to that :slight_smile:

@Zoyt Thanks. Grabbing it now. Your nick cracks me up. “Zoit” was my kids mispronunciation of dessert. Caught on and we still call it that today.

Edit: Could I be tapping some combo to kill the game? I seem to go fine and as things start to get crazy I’m dumped out of the game and Codea. Happens every game. Nice game by the way!

@JakAttak - Haha… The tutorials was one of those things written at the very last second. Thanks. In case you can’t tell, I’m not the best speller ever.
@Jessevanderheide - Thanks. Maybe you can join the beta team when it comes time.
@Pops - Haha. I have no idea how I got this name. I came up with it for online purposes when I was 7, and it stuck. Enjoy!