iOS11 and Codea?

@dave1707 the iZip thing sounds like that application is inappropriately registering to handle text files (and then doing nothing with them). Applications need to state what file formats they want to handle

@Simeon On the iPad Pro, when I tap on a text file, it opens correctly and iZip isn’t involved. On the iPad Air, if I tap on the same text file, iZip opens and then ignores the file. So is the problem with iZip or Files and why would iZip execute unless Files or iOS 11 was telling it to. In Windows, you can go in and tag what program you want to use based on the different file extensions. Apparently Apple thinks it knows better than the user what to use and does it wrong. I had no problems using the iCloud Drive and it would do everything I wanted it to do. Apple thought it would improve iCloud with Files and now none of the things I did with iCloud works with Files.

PS: I hate it when a company tries to improve something and then totally screws it up.

@Simeon Something I noticed with Codea projects showing in Files. If I tap on a Codea project in the Files app, it takes me to Codea which then puts up a prompt asking if I want to import the project. I don’t see a reason to import the project when it’s already there. Do you need to change something in Codea. When I was using iCloud, I could store the exported zip file in iCloud and if I deleted a project by mistake, I could import the zip file into Codea and I would get a prompt that allowed me to select a single project from the zip file and restore it. Now, if I delete a project from Codea, it’s also deleted from Files and there’s nothing to restore. Now I use my own restore program and backup file.

@Bri_G Are you still having problems with the iOS 11 Files app. I tried Files and had nothing showing. Power cycled my Ipad and all the Files were there. Went back into Files just now and watched all my files disappear. The only thing I show now under Browse / Locations is Recently Deleted which has a few files in it. iOS 11 is a piece of crap.

@dave1707 yeah, given up on the file app using the apps I had before. Same experience with fading and empty screens as you.

@dave1707 thanks for your backup project - saved my life. I have been having crashing problems and decided to uninstall Codea, backed up on iTunes but have no confidence in that. Looked up iFunbox and iExplorer but reluctant to part with the cash. I have reinstalled Codea 2.5.1(95) and struggled to get my files back in, then I remembered I,d backed up with your backup project last week. Works a treat just a bit slow (loadsa projects). Still having the photo snapshot bombing out Codea so installed latest beta - bug still there.
Now I am finding my iPad seems locked in Portrait mode!!!
Really fed up now big upgrade on iOS (plus updates) , several updates with Codea and still have problems. I think it’s largely down to the Apple upgrade and feel really sorry for the Codea team - they can’t be getting much sleep now!!!

@Bri_G How much memory does the Codea app and projects take up now that you reloaded it.

@dave1707 post tomorrow just settling down for some shuteye.

@dave1707 the answer to your question is 107.5Mb for the app and 735.7 Mb for Documents and data. I think most of the latter is for Dropbox as I have only re-introduced about a dozen projects into the app. Reading up on iOS screen locking is configurable so I’ll be able to reset but can’t see how I managed to lock it!!