Codea 3.2 (215)

@Bri_G It appears the code can only be selected if the keyboard is showing. If you have code selected and hide the keyboard, the selected code is unselected.

@dave1707 - thanks for confirming that, don’t know if that has always been present. My problem was a large selection highlighted off-screen in landscape mode. Didn’t think to rotate, just dropped keyboard. Not an issue, just need to think before I do anything. Consequence of giving these sophisticated toys to an idiot - ie me!!!

@Simeon, nice-that work fine for me.

@Simeon Ran into a minor problem. If I tap on the screen to get the pop up to select, select all, paste and choose select all, I can’t get a prompt that says copy.

PS. If you tap on a line number to highlight (select) the line, you don’t get the copy pop up. If you grab one of the drag icons and drag it to select 2 lines then back to one line, you can get the copy pop up.

@Simeon - loaded 215 this am, but just before loading was having a little trouble with 214. In landscape programming with keyboard up. Selected section to copy - so highlighted in blue. Tapped to lower keyboard and format on selection disappeared. Tapped to remove selection and keyboard rose and selection re-appeared. Can’t remember seeing that before. Will check out 215 when battery recharged.

May not be an issue after you updated to 215.

@dave1707 that missing “Copy” menu bugs me too. I’m not sure why it doesn’t show (I no longer have control of the menu’s appearance)

At the moment you can drag the selection handle at the start or end and let it go in the same place to make the menu appear. I’ll look at whether I can force the menu to show on Select All

@Simeon - could you add the select all as a menu option from the top menu?

Alternatively you could add it as an option on a tab, in that way it could be easy to copy a tab from one project to another.

Oh as an option to long pressing tab is a great idea! Thanks for the suggestion

Talking about tabs it would be great if you could add the following in one of the next releases (just a suggestion):

1. Single tap on an active tab opens a list off all functions that are defined in the tab for quick access, i.e. tapping in the list scrolls the page down to the function definition and sets the cursor there.
  2. Double tapping the tab scrolls to the top of the page.

@Simeon I hope you can do something about the copy, paste, select and whatever else. They’re almost as bad as what the cursor problem was. It takes multiple tries just to do something that was easy before.

@dave1707 it’s fixed in the next version (3.2.1), just waiting for Apple to approve the beta while also waiting for them to approve 3.2 for the App Store

@TheMojoMan jumping to a function quickly is on my to-do list. Love the scroll-to-top idea

@Simeon - possible suggestion for future developments:

When an error is fired up in a tab, highlight the line with a pink full width background and retain full editing in the line -and, print out the error message in red in the hints line at the top of the keyboard. I find error bars at the right often clash with the line content, made more difficult now with the length of asset paths. Sometimes it’s not an issue if you rotate to landscape orientation.

I have updated (via regular app store) to Codea 3.2 (215) a minute ago and found the following error:
After using two-finger swipe on the keyboard to place the cursor you cannot place the cursor anymore by doing a single tap at the position you want it to be.
I hope this is already fixed in 3.2.1.

It gets even worse:
Two-finger swipe on keyboard to move the cursor ? run program ? stop program ? tap in editor window ? (touch) keyboard does not open anymore.
You have to close the editor and reopen it to be able to edit again.

@TheMojoMan thank you for the report. I must have broken two-finger swipe on the software keyboard very recently, sorry about that! I already have 3.2.1 nearly ready to go so will try to incorporate a fix in that