Codea 3.2.10 (253)

codeaunit crashes looking for loadstring??

now “load”. and table.unpack, grr :slight_smile:

@RonJeffries There’s just the one option so far. I guess there will be more in the future. loadstring should be replaced with load. Replace unpack with either string.unpack or table.unpack.

curiously, but perhaps not surprisingly, myVec:unpack() works.

Wrong, my bad

I’m seeing what appear to be crashes, sometimes. I’ll be in Codea, in the editor, slide to a new app, typically Scrivener or Working Copy, then slide back and Codea is starting up and I have to re-select the program I’m working on. I don’t think it’s losing edits.

I have no solid reproduction: it just happens sometimes.

@RonJeffries that is most likely a memory management issue in your iPad, do you have background app refresh on and do you have many apps open at once when this does happen?

a few but i also have a huge ipad memory. it rarely if ever happened on the previous version

@RonJeffries thanks for the report, that is odd. You’re on the release version?

When asked to share analytics with developers (I believe it’s a question when you set up your iPad initially) did you choose to share? If so, I may have access to the crash logs

(I don’t include any other crash logging in Codea due to wanting to maintain user privacy and ensure consent before collecting analytics, and what Apple collects on my behalf, with user consent, is very basic and completely anonymised so I feel comfortable using the data to improve the product)

Yes, I have Share with App Developers turned on.

Could anyone tell me where I can check for share on analytics because I can’t remember seeing it when I got my latest iPad?

@Bri_G Go into Settings, about 3 groups down look for Privacy. There’s different analytics there.

@RonJeffries I’ve attempted a fix for these crashes in 3.2.12

@dave1707 - found privacy and list of apps that have requested analytics but Codea is not present.

@Bri_G possibly because you are on the beta version — I get your crash logs through TestFlight

@Simeon - thanks for that. Just wanted to make sure.

@Simeon thanks!

lines with self._foo references do not highlight the _foo but self.foo does highlight.

@RonJeffries thanks for the report, I’ve been doing a lot of code editor updates so this is timely. I’ve also released 3.2.12 with an attempt to fix the crashes I think you are experiencing

@Simeon Since you’re updating the editor, here’s something to fix. If you try to place the cursor at the end of a line 2 lines above the keyboard, the code moves up and the cursor is one line down left justified. If you try to place the cursor at the end of a line just above the keyboard, the code moves up and the cursor is two lines down left justified.