Codea 3.0 (106)

@Simeon - tried out 3.102, seem to have taken out the problems you mention. New one, can’t take a screen snapshot for the app icon.

Pleased to report the video screen grab function now works on my iPad Pro without bombing out. Thank you!!

@Simeon - update on last post, the icons for the apps appeared after I had shut down Codea, I remember it used to do that but I’m sure you fixed it before.

Secondly I noted that the video recorded the screen with the parameter window slider squashing the rest of the display. Did it used to that? or is this a feature of using the iOS screen capture routine?

Runtime parameters / console don’t respect the notch in landscape.

EDIT: I was wrong. it’s only the custom sidebar in the CraftAR Voxel project

In the multi touch example, there is a bug which can result in ellipses staying on the screen after being cancelled. simple fix: change the first line in touched to if touch.state == ENDED or touch.state == CANCELLED then

@Bri_G thanks for the report. Will fix the icons. How do you mean the parameter window squashed the rest of the display? Is the recording actually squashed? The new video recording should record the sidebar if it’s visible (i.e., not in FULLSCREEN mode)

@JakAttak thanks that bug has been around forever. I’ll try to remember to change it.

@Simeon - yeah it records the sidebar and ‘squashes’ the main screen into the remaining screen. I thought, pre iOS 11 Codea screen recording didn’t record the sidebar.

It’s not a problem as I tend to use OVERLAY displayMode() as default So I viewed it as more of a new feature rather than just defaulting to iOS restrictions for me. Just wondered if you new.

When I say squashes the screen, it depends on whether the programmer has used WIDTH in the draw() code for the app. The width changes when the sidebar is initiated so calculations in the draw function will accommodate it and squash the screen. Otherwise the image will be generated absolutely but will only be partially displayed.

OVERLAY displayMode() retains the WIDTH so the image is displayed as normal but overlapped by the sidebar.

@Bri_G but if you use FULLSCREEN mode and then record, it shouldn’t squash the main screen?

@Simeon - oops, didn’t know that one, will give it a try. Thanks.

@Simeon If you try to duplicate a project, it doesn’t fill in the name like it used to. Also, you still can’t tap on the X to exit the duplicate, or create new project if you want to exit without doing anything.

@dave1707 - I think there are a few outstanding functions to complete. I was going to report that when you press on the new project button and hold it, a la install from pasteboard, a message comes up as to feature not added yet. There may be more of these.

Could I make a suggestion - on the dependencies menu I have previously suggested collapsible groups so that we can skim the dependencies faster. A simpler system to implement would be to have a moveable bar (like the one in the sidebar) where all above are copied from the lower list, when in use or most frequently used. This would allow rapid access to common ones like Craft and Cameras which I see being used more and more. Both above and below the bar should be independently scrollable.

This could allow easy development of packages using libraries of routines - example testing of alternative routines for loading 3D models against source or file type like obj, ply, 3DS etc. As the libraries would be at the top of the top list.

@Bri_G A while back I made a suggestion that we could add a tag or something at the beginning of a project to identify it as a dependency and only those projects would show in the list. That way we would have control over what’s in the list. If we want something from the examples to show as a dependency then we could add the tag to it if it didn’t have one to start.

@dave1707 you should be able to tap anywhere else on the screen to dismiss the new/duplicate project screen. I’ll have to add that function to the x button too.

Don’t know if this has already been reported but under the current beta if I duplicate a project it just creates a new project.

@romspy Yes, that was reported on the first page. I was going to post the same thing a few days ago, but noticed it was already mentioned.

I read that page apparently didn’t see it. Thanks

@Simeon Putting the cursor in the () of sprite() doesn’t bring up the sprite assets to choose from. I haven’t checked if other commands don’t work like they used to.

@dave1707 ah good catch! I just broke that in cleaning up the old code. Will make sure it’s restored. (The highlight comes back once you add something between the parentheses for now.)

@simeon i see you have a new build. if it includes the spotlight fix can you release it via testflight? i am eager to play with the spotlight!