Codea 3.0.1 (192)

@Simeon I don’t know if it’s passing thru the keys in the top row or maybe the touch area isn’t large enough to cover the whole key. I could be touching near the edge of the key.

@Simeon I was playing around tapping keys on the top row and keys on the next row down. Every now and then the cursor would move near the bottom of the screen. I think what’s happening is the touch area for the keys doesn’t cover the whole area between the keys. If you happen to touch the right spot between the keys the cursor moves to that level on the screen or the bottom of the text if the text doesn’t go all the way down the screen.

PS. I was tapping around the double arrows, =, o, and p keys and I could get the cursor to move down.

@Simeon - been very frustrated recently with an iOS feature. Just checking to see if you can turn it off on an individual app basis. It’s the ability to drag your screen off from the left or right and view other app or app list. Sometimes I work on a project which means I use a moving touch near the boundaries and drag out the other windows. Is it possible to have a system criteria variable which you can activate in setup to prevent sliding windows? You could have a default switch back on when the running project is stopped i.e. pressing the stop arrow in the bottom left hand corner.

@Bri_G this is what allows you to close apps when you slide up from the bottom of the screen?

There is an API to prevent this, I’ll put it on my list to expose in Codea

@Simeon hey couldn’t find if you talked about it already but any plan to let the possibility to create a folder via code? Doing such, it would be interesting and would let the possibility to work with code versions etc

@Simeon - that would be great, makes development a lot more robust. Thanks.

@Simeon Is there a way to split screen 2 Codea editor sessions. If not can Codea be made to do it.

@Simeon - think I have encountered a couple of problems -

Firstly I think I’ve reached a capacity limit - the current project was locking up after running and dropping back into the editor. Then Codea crashed after several minutes. I think it is the number of projects Inhave on my pad, mentioned this before and will tidy and report on progress.

Whilst preparing to clean up set the archiving in operation and when it came back with the dialogue window, after compilation the window had the two option buttons and below it some text which was partially obscured couldn’t read it.

@Bri_G How many projects do you have.

@dave1707 - after further checks I don’t think it is down to the number of files. I duplicated a file and it ran without crashing. Which makes me think that it is down to the code I was playing with at the time. I was reading the articles from @RonJeffries and cutting and pasting code, from the small routines that were listed building up and changing them following Ron’s direction. I think running the code in-between edits, without digesting and making any needed adjustments, could be the problem. I’ll start again with it to see if I can reproduce it. Could be down to a Craft bug.

@Bri_G I was also playing around with Ron’s code and didn’t run into any serious problems. Just missing functions that I needed to include.

@dave1707 - yup, so far haven’t been able to reproduce the crashes. Will persevere, I like the approach from @RonJeffries and hope there are no issues there. Concentrated on reducing the number of files I have in Codea - combination of using individual file saving(built into Codea) and your Backup file project. On the latter - it will only back up projects outside collections. Do you know of anyway we could include collection projects - how do you identify them as you parse the project list? Perhaps @Simeon could suggest how?

@Simeon The function hasProject seems to ignore the collection name. It will return true if a project is in Documents, hasProject(“name”) or hasProject(“Documents:name”), but returns false if a project is in Examples, hasProject(“Examples:name”), Craft, hasProject(“Craft:name”) or Templates, hasProject(“Templates:name”). If the project name is in the Documents folder, then hasProject returns true even though Examples, or Craft, or Templates is included in hasProject.

@Bri_G I only backup projects in the Documents folder, but I can probably add something to include a folder name. But then I would have to add something so you don’t accidentally restore the projects into the wrong folder. The function hasProject needs to be fixed first. See the above post.

@dave1707 there is now a way in iOS 13 to split screen multiple Codea sessions. It’s a big thing to change but I’d really like to add it too.

What’s more important for you to be able to do:

1. Split screen for different tabs in the same project
  2. Split screen for different projects
  3. Split screen the runtime running your project / tabs editing your project

@Simeon - surely the third option is best unless you can not see/access all the tabs in the editor split screen.

How would this look with the slide out parameter window in the runtime window and would this only really work in landscape?

@Simeon - off the wall but, would it be possible to split screen with a reduced size (but full screen) runtime. Using landscape you would split 512 by 384 for each of the two ‘screens’ with the editor in one and a miniaturised runtime in the other. Or alternatively make the runtime window full scale but scrollable.

@Bri_G it would be better in landscape I imagine.

Wonder if it might be better to make Codea more like the Shader Lab — a constant floating window of the runtime that restarts each time you edit your code. Then you never press play, you just tap the window to go full screen.

@Simeon @dave1707 - struggling a bit with Craft, we used to have to add the dependency for Craft and Cameras when Craft was introduced. Was the Craft dependency withdrawn as Craft was fully integrated. I can’t find it as a dependency and am getting an error message for Pmesh and a Global Craft when I try to set up a new Craft project. Would a global Craft create chaos here. At one stage Codea crashed. May need to reinstall.

@Simeon I have no problem with the way Codea works with the editor. Split screen might be nice, but I’m not sure how often that would be used, at least for me. With Shader, you have valid chunks of code ready to be merged into what’s running. With Codea, it takes awhile to create useable code. I don’t know how well a constant floating window trying to run code would work as you build up the code.