Codea 3.0.1 (192)

@Simeon - thanks for the feedback. I note the selection prompts have blendEquation present and you can paste it into your code. I assume it gives you the ability to use the variable definitions within OpenGL to produce a greater range of effects than in the current blendMode - could you give us an example of it’s use? Is it for exclusive use in shaders?

@Bri_G actually @John added this function to the runtime for use inside Shade so I might defer to him on how it can be used

We just made sure to document it and exposed it in regular Codea too, but I imagine you could simulate a larger range of blend modes, like what’s available in Photoshop and other painting apps

@Simeon i notice something funny with the way the model assets are handled. If i use craft.model() to view my model assets, they seem to appear in the Documents folder, although i am pretty sure they are actually in the Project folder (at least i have the prefix Project in front of the file name).

If a model is not found in the Project folder will Codea then look Documents folder?

Generally i find the interface for viewing the assets of a project rather awkward. We should be able to manipulate the assets of a project without having to press on Image(), craft.Model() etc. in the code.

Can someone remind me how to load a zipped project back into Codea. I have the zipped project in my icloud. When i long press on it i only see the option to uncompress. Didn’t it use to be ‘open in Codea’ or something like that? Is it documented in the wiki?

@piinthesky - when you long press on a zipped file it should open the IOS commonly dialogue which allows you to share files leading to the used/related dialogue in which you can scroll horizontally the project icons iOS thinks you need/use frequently. There is also a drop down smaller icons for other frequently used options.

Only problem is that Codea is not often found there - especially since the introduction of iOS 13.

Recently I have had problems myself when opening a zip and selecting Codea the Codea dialogue has opened giving you the option of files to extract - but there are no files present to select.

On the obj model front I see 3D objects in the Documents folder which is the root folder for Codea.

@Bri_G funny i don’t get the file sharing dialog anymore-even on some old zip files which i had successfully unzipped into codea in the past-weird.

Don’t you think the models should also be in the project folder-i am pretty sure i copied my needed models from documents to the project folder awhile ago, but now i don’t see how i did that (or perhaps my memory is failing!)

@piinthesky I just did a project to zip backup to try it. When the project export was done, I saved it to a folder in the Dropbox app. From there, I tapped on the 3 dots next to the file name and selected export. It gave me an option to Copy to Codea. I selected that and it eventually opened Codea with a pop up that listed all the projects so I could select which one to import. I haven’t tried a backup from the iCloud yet. I’ll give that a try.

@piinthesky Heres how I did a restore from a Codea zip file from the iCloud.

1). Find the page containing the zip file in the iCloud.
2). Tap Select in the upper right of the screen.
3). Tap the zip file to select it.
4). Tap Share in the lower left of the screen.
5). A pop up should show.
6). Tap Open in Codea.
7). A pop up will open in Codea to give you the option to select a file to import.

@dave1707 ahhh, i think it is because i was trying to do things from the Files app. If i do it from the dropbox app i do get the sharing option to Codea for some zip files i have in dropbox.The same files in Files don’t give the option. Somehow codea works better with dropbox than Files!

@dave1707 ok, yes your icloud prescription works- a bit long winded but it works!
Thanks-i thought i was going crazy for awhile there!

@Simeon when i open my unzipped project on my iphone I cannot see my 3D model assets in the documents folder (and there is no Project folder displayed),
Nevertheless the models do load and the project runs.

@dave1707 the uncompress option in Files actually seems to work! I thought it didn’t, but i had a bug in my code.

@Simeon - had a real funny experience today - running latest beta and it started having problems just printing up an image on screen. Read a png into a variable with readImage()and the tried to sprite it in centre screen. Did not recognise existence of image . Tried different images from Documents and still not happening. Used spriteSize() to read image size after loading in setup() and it could see the image there. Dropped out of Codea and re-ran. Still same problem. Then thought I would delete it. Searched for Codea icon on tablet pages and it wasn’t there. But it was present on the icon bar. Re-installed 3.01 (192) and it installed OK but there was still no icon on the pages - just on the icon bar. Have you seen this before?

@Simeon - this gets worse, just suddenly had a notification page flash up for 193 so I tapped on it to proceed. Page disappeared but nothing happened and 192 is the last, and only, entry in TestFlight.

@Simeon - partially resolved problem, image problem due to clash in naming - old subroutine contained duplicate name so fired up an error. Definitions in setup() were OK but exposure beyond gave rise to clash of names/variables.
Have you issued 193 yet?

@Simeon - had a couple of issues recently when moving tabs - whilst dragging the tab to the left I dragged it below the tab bar, not enough to get the delete menu option, and then closed my pad cover up. My pad cover has a magnetic link for closing down iOS. After re-opening the tab the iOS desktop came up with an error that Codea had crashed. Seen this twice but can not easily reproduce it.

Not a major issue but a little annoying. On return my edits had been lost. Also - think I have mentioned this before, some of tje desktop animations when selecting avproject to open seem to stall during the opening of the project.

@Simeon - recently had a couple of problems with the color selector. I select a color in the outer ring then try to select the shade from the central section but I don’t have time to touch the selector as it disappears. When it happens it’s usually when it’s close to the keyboard. May happen a few time’s before I manage to select a color.

@Bri_G I tried the color wheel and I’m not having any trouble at all. The color wheel displays until I tap the screen somewhere. Is it possible you’re touching the screen with another finger when you’re trying for the center area.

I have a problem when I’m in the editor keying things. I’ll be typing along when I notice I’m adding code someplace else in the editor because I touched the screen when I missed a key in the top row.

@dave1707 - you could be right - I have found links embedded in my code and put it down to a random touch. Next time it happens I’ll see if there is any possibility of random touch.

@dave1707 I’ve had one other report about touches passing through the top row, will look into this