Codea 2.6.2 (130)

@Simeon - looking at ping demo and, armed with emoji ‘sprites’ now thought about using the football in them. So used fontSize() in a subroutine to change the imsge size - but it threw out an error. However it worked when I put the fontSize () in the setup() function. Is this expected behaviour?

@Bri_G I put fontSize(50) in a subroutine 6 calls down and it worked OK. What kind of an error did you get.

@dave1707 - resolved the fontSize error. Set up a variable to read self.diameter and meant to call it fontsize, but mistakenly called it fontSize (habit!!!). Hence the error. But surprised that an error for ‘can’t use reserved words as variable names’ didn’t fire up. Then again I should have known better!!!

@simeon don’t seem to be able to have the radio (bbc iplayer) app playing in the background while inside codea anymore-switching to codea stops it playing. in the past one could restart the radio after entering codea for the first time, now this does not work, it stops every time one goes back to codea. this is a major problem!

@simeon i would not say the number of crashes has decreased much in the new build. still quite often have spontaneous exit to ios while in the editor.

@piinthesky odd I thought I had that sound issue fixed. Will look at it again. Good that the editor is more stable, bad that it still happens. Will see if I can find some clue in the crash logs.

@Simeon I was playing around with the Files app and moved some Codea projects to the iCloud Drive thinking that would be a place for backups. One thing I noticed was the project AR Face showed a size of 2.9 MB. What’s taking up so much space, it doesn’t look that big. Also, a lot of the projects show a dashed cloud meaning the files a waiting to upload. They’ve been like that for days. Is there some way to force them to upload.