Codea 2.6.2 (130)

I closed a program and the keyboard was overlaying the list of projects. Had to close Codea to get rid of it.

@dave1707 hah I’m sorry, just fixing those keyboard issues now. It really is very early in development.

If you start to type in the search box under reference it just pulls up a popup window with the reference categories displayed. I should mention this is on the iPhone in landscape mode.

Opened a project that had 2 tabs. The tabs looked like they shared equal size across the top instead of being a set size like when there are a lot of tabs. Maybe something to just get used to.

@dave1707 you should try one tab, it just takes up the entire top. They do scale to fit now. Let me know if you don’t like it though

Editor just crashed again. I was just selecting things from the math keys then the comparison keys at the top of the keyboard.

@dave1707 new one?

You’re right about the 1 tab, I didn’t even notice that. I guess it’s something I’ll just get used to. No problem if that’s how it’s going to be.

PS. I’m off to bed, so I’ll leave the testing to others for now.

Yes, it’s the new editor in the new code. Just letting you know the crashes or just ignore them for now.

No problem! Thank you for the quick testing and feedback, it’s been really helpful

@dave1707 the saveProjectTab function should have been fixed in this version

@Bri_G you can copy all your projects using the files app. Or export them all as a zip using Codea and then put that archive somewhere safe

@Simeon - what do you think of having a single menu in the new editor accessed by pressing a button top right thus maximising the top tab bar real estate. Then incorporating all functions within that menu with headings for each section including the exit and run functions. The menu could have a bar across the top which you could use to move it if needed to see the text etc. A second press on the button top right would close the menu

@Simeon Thanks. The saveProjectTab works the way it used to.

@Simeon - thanks for the feedback, an alternative to controls on the top of the new editor page would be to have a command bar across the top of the keyboard with buttons for exit, run, Undo, redo Dependencies, Reference and search.

@Simeon Ran into a bug. If you create a project with multiple tabs, that program can see those tabs using listProjectTabs. If you create another project and listProjectTabs on the first program, only Main is listed. If you exit Codea and come back in, the second program will now see all the tabs of the first program.

@Bri_G I will definitely keep controls on top of the keyboard. But I figured stuff like documentation, dependencies, find and replace, don’t need to take up space from buttons for actually inserting code (plus on a tiny iPhone there’s just no room for them).

How’s the editor stability when using the old code editor? I’ve tried to address your reports from earlier that it felt more crash-prone in recent releases.

@Simeon - it seems more stable but I have had crashes from both keyboards. Most of the time I have been testing by running a variety of my projects and demos from the forum.

If OpenGL is a potential issue is there more chance that it could also be as a result of hardware and Craft which is built on it?

Edit: just noted this link about deprecation of OpenGL and iOS 12

https://www.imore.com/opengl-and-opencl-be-depreciated-ios-12-and-macos-mojave

That’s in favour of metal.

@Bri_G yes the plan is to port to metal at some point, it will be much faster and nicer. But I think we will completely re-write the runtime to be based on Craft’s engine rather than what we currently have which is a 2D engine and Craft’s 3D engine.

@Bri_G oh it could be. I did find the bug and I also wouldn’t be surprised if what we were doing was technically incorrect but allowed in the past, and Apple’s OpenGL is now stricter.

Basically when the line was rendered with noSmooth() I wasn’t uploading texture coordinate data into the shader because it wasn’t needed. But the shader declared the uniform for the texture coordinates and passed it into a varying — though corresponding fragment shader didn’t use the input.

@Simeon - sounds like you’ve sorted it now. Is it in 130?