Codea 2.3.8 (82)

@piinthesky We can look into that. You can also use setContext(img) and saveImage(img) to draw and save an image as a png with alpha.

@Simeon don’t forget to update the codea roadmap thread to report the 2.3.8 version.

Thanks @piinthesky, fixed

@Simeon @John Here’s something to look into. Indentation doesn’t work the first time after a project is opened.

1: Create a project or open a current project.
2: Place the cursor at the end of any line inside a function.
3: Press return, the cursor will move all the way to the left.
4: Place the cursor at the end of any line inside a function again.
5: Press return, the cursor will be properly indented.

Posted this in a separate bug thread, as it seems like a possibly severe impact. Repeating it here.

I’ve been having issues under version 2.3.8 (82) where projects that have grown beyond 25 classes are losing tabs.

In particular, I have two projects where, when I add, or even move, a class within the project, it can cause other classes to disappear without warning. One of these projects has 26 classes. The other has 27. Both are medium-large projects with > 20K lines of code.

I’ve been breaking the projects apart into libraries to see if that addresses the issue, but it can be difficult to do so because of dependencies. If I go into one of these two projects now, and add a new class, it will reliably delete the right-most class off the existing set.

It seems natural enough that there should be some limit, and I wouldn’t mind a warning, but the fact that classes are disappearing without warning is scary and represents potential code loss. Fortunately, I had recently exported this project, so I can recover the code from the export.

a strange editor bug…
if i add two spaces to the end of the text on a line, a full stop will be added to the end of the text!

@piinthesky I’m trying see if I can duplicate your bug, but I’m not sure what you’re doing. Can you show an example of the line that’s causing the bug and what do you mean by a full stop.

it happens for any line of text in the editor.
full stop = .
put the cursor just after the last character, press space then press space again.

Check your iPad keyboard settings. If you press the space bar 2 times, it automatically adds a period. You can turn that off.

yepp, that was it- i didn`t know about that annoying shortcut option!

Apple adds a lot of useless stuff, but they won’t fix/add useful things.

@Mark I recall that bug. I’ll attempt to reproduce it using the Cargo-Bot example, as this seems pretty large.

@piinthesky odd! Codea is supposed to prevent that from happening. Wondering how it got back in there.

@dave1707 unfortunately I know about the indentation issue. It’s because the background thread hasn’t caught up processing your code and the semantic model has not been built. It used to be the case that this model was built faster, but it was not thread-safe so I went through the code and audited it for safety. This made it slower :neutral:

If not Apple, no Codea @dave1707, or Codea would be now Android or via Browser. Amyway, Is this update CCraft? Or I missed smt?

@TokOut This update isn’t CCraft. One way to tell if you have CCraft is to tap on the + sign for dependencies. If you have CCraft, Craft will be the first dependency in the list. As for Apple, there’s a lot of things that take up memory on the iPad that I don’t use and probably never will. Why can’t those be options instead of forced on everyone.