Break Free (Download for free today!)

@YoloSwag, they cross but don’t collide? Try setting physics.continuous = true in setup

Hi @YoloSwag am i too late for beta testing your app?

Just signed up :smiley:

@JakAttak, yea I’ve already added that.

The beta will be closing Sunday. I have gotten great feedback, and the new update will be out today.

When I submit my app, should I use Xcode 5 or 6 to archive it? Xcode 6 has some bugs, but it does have iOS 8 compatibility.

Signed up as alex brown

@deactive. Sorry, I have already maxed out the spots available. I will be removing some users this weekend as the beta ended yesterday. I will try to add you if I can.

I suggest archiving it with Xcode 5

Np @yoloswag, glad if i can help

• Why are your balls smaller than enemy balls now?

• When I drag out of the shaded area, the ball disappears

• The new tutorial has none of the images (except the + 2) which makes it confusing to understand the instructions

• if you insist on touch and hold, it’d be nice to at least have some consistency (for example the Game Center button doesn’t require holding)

• you said you addressed the mismatched images in the settings screen, but it still doesn’t match

• my issues with the game over screen still remain unfixed

• there is no multitouch support (so I can’t fling multiple balls at once)

• if you start on a button and drag, it still counts as holding and triggers the button (so touch and hold isn’t very useful either way)

• if you hold in the shaded area sometimes the ball will fly off then jump back then fly off then jump back multiple times

@JakAttak.

• I made the balls smaller so you can the oncoming balls more easily.

• You can’t go past the shaded area, and you automatically loose a ball.

• The images were too hard to import again, so I’m using text now. I’ll try to make it easier to understand.

• The game center button is the only button that doesn’t require the touch and hold because I want users to log in and view the leaderboards, and if they do it on accident that is beneficial to me. Haha

• I decided not to fix the wallpaper settings. It doesn’t look good the way i tried doing it, and its not that noticeable.

• As for the game over problem. The images shouldn’t move at all. They should just change colors unless your on the iPhone/iPod and I will fix those as soon as I can.

• Since I changed the ball colors, I guess I’ll make the balls the same size now.

Thanks for your feedback!

The game is pretty fun, just a bit hard. I feel like the targets should be a bit bigger and easier to hit, though, as it can be quite hard to hit them. Also, could you make it so if your finger goes out of the gray to just count it as releasing? My fingers tend to be positioned higher, and it wastes a lot of balls when I ray to fling them and they get deleted.

And now, a bug: The menu screen wiggles a little bit when you turn your iDevice, I assume you were trying to make a parallax effect. You should use Gravity, not RotationRate. :wink:

Ah, I found some more bugs. If you drag the main menu (while holding the play button) to the side and time it right, if you pause the game and go to the menu, the view is in the middle and doesn’t move. It can be a little bit hard to do it, but you can. I would make it take longer while holding for it to count as a press, and/or the area it checks for the touch in in the original spot it was, not the button’s position after the screen’s offset was considered.

If you start pressing the GameCenter button but move your finger off of it and release, it brings up GameCenter anyways, unlike other buttons where if you move your finger off it doesn’t trigger the callback.

The buttons while paused are hold-to-press, even though you said you only did it on the main menu because of the draggable background.

On the game over screen, the darker tints on the restart and menu buttons while pressed extend off the buttons, onto the background.

@YoloSwag, my issue with the game over screen is not that the buttons move, just they are too wide.

@SkyTheCoder. Haha, thanks for telling me about the Gravity. Its a lot smoother now.

• I wanted to make the game pretty difficult, and I was not thinking on just letting the ball release. In my previous version i had the shaded area a bit smaller and rectangular. I thought the new design would help people flick the balls easier while shorting the distance the oncoming balls had until they disappear and you loose one ball.
  • I’ll look into making the press longer
  • Nice catch. I’ll try making the screen move to the nearest menu.
  • Like I said to @JakAttak. I want users to click the game center button, so I purposely made it so whenever you touch that button Game Center will appear.
  • I like the hold to press buttons. I also didn’t want users accidentally tapping the restart button when there taking a break. Some people have gotten to 6000 already, so resetting that score would be terrible.
  • Are you referring to the game over screen on an iPod/iPhone.

@YoloSwag, his issue with the game over screen is the same as mine, on an iPad (probably on iPhone as well)

@JakAttak and @SkyTheCoder. Oh ok. I see what your talking about. I couldn’t even see it until you guys pointed it out. Thanks! It will be fixed.

The problem was actually on landscape orientation for the iPad only

Currently the font for “Break Free” looks really dull. Does anybody have any suggestions of a cool font that would fit?

@YoloSwag I think the font looks fine. It’s Helvetica Neue, right? That’s the default iOS 7 font, and it matches the gradient iOS 7-y look.

Its stuck on a black screen never got to the game