Break Free (Download for free today!)

@Doge. @Saturn031000. Yep, I’ll accept you guys.

Also I can’t accept devices who aren’t on iOS 7 or above. The app will just crash.

The new release is out now.

Will our names be in Credits if we give feedback

Loads of error messages didnt even get to play I did get to read through instructions
http://imgur.com/NKElhAy
http://imgur.com/GNhdaDf
http://imgur.com/XYfrpnY
http://imgur.com/IIZqDSh

That happened to me too, but after awhile I was able to play

The same error message also

Same I had to exit out and then play again and it worked

• Same errors as the above

• I like the icon

• The instructions look really bad, super blurry images and text

• touch and hold to start is kind of annoying

• the game doesn’t even match the pictures used in the instructions.

• the game also doesn’t match the pictures used for theme selection in settings

• when you press the restart or home buttons on the game over screen, it looks bad because they extend a bit off the edges

• the trails on balls can get a little extensive and make it hard to see

Agree completely with Jak, to the letter

One other thing, it refers to itself as Project Beta in multiple places (as well as on the home screen). Make sure you change all of these to say Break Free before you release

If it is a paid app I dont think it would be worth spending money on

Yeah, considering you tried to make it have a simple concept like flappy bird, a simple concept isn’t worth $0.99 all the time.

Deleted

@GriffinC. I wasn’t planning on adding everybody who gave feedback to be added to the credits . Sorry.

For all of you receiving the errors, this was tied to the IAP add on. I completely removed everything with the IAPs. The app will be free, and will never be made into a paid app because making money through this game is not my first priority. However, I did place iAds in the game.

@JakAttak. Thank you for your feedback,

• Thanks for pointing out the mismatching images in the settings and tutorial. I will fix this
  • What device are you using? The text shouldn’t look blurry
  • I have completely redone the tutorial and now it looks much nicer with bigger text and more information.
  • The press and hold feature is actually really helpful because with the swipe feature to view the settings, users might accidentally tap the play button. It may be annoying, but in the end I believe it helps with the gameplay.
  • The trails on the balls can be turned off via the in game menu.
  • All references to project beta have been removed in the final version. I just never changed that because it was the beta, and we just decided the name yesterday.

@YoloSwag Great game! I would like to continue playing before it is released. And I also got the same error as mentioned above.

• good to hear

• using an iPad Mini

• good to hear

• I disagree. would you at least consider making it an option? side-note: the circles also look blurry

• sure, but then you can’t tell the balls you shot vs the balls you are getting rid of. how about making balls you shoot tinted a certain color?

• will it be changed in the next beta?

@JakAttak. I guess things will look blurry if not on a retina device. I don’t really know how to change this other than making the text bigger and circles have a bigger stroke width.

The beta was going to end today, but i’ll extend it for everyone who just got added.

Is there a way to add a half ellipse?

I can think of three ways - setcontext, clip, and mesh.

set context probably the easiest, like so:

local size = 100
half = image(size,  size / 2) setContext(half) 
ellipse(size / 2, size / 2, size) 
setContext() 

then just sprite the half ellipse anywhere you want

@JakAttak. Thanks, that was the only way I could get the wallpaper settings to match the ones in the game.

Have any of you guys come across a physics problem? Sometimes balls will cross each other, but not count as a point. Seems to be happening every couple of balls, and I have no idea how to fix this.