Beta Test

I just played it the first time, and while I like the graphics and game design, I found the gameplay confusing, too much happening and you die too quickly for a reason you didn’t see.

I would be likely to just stop playing it, and I think it needs a much gentler start, so the player can get the hang of what is happening.

For example, Fruit Ninja always starts off with some really easy items, then gradually gets harder. So do most of the games of this type that I have played.

I will add bomb mode in the next beta update where everything is pretty much the same except there is no health and every circles are bomb. You have to tap them before there timer reach 0 or you’ll die. Do you think it’s a good idea?

@Ignatz thanks for the comment, can I ask you how did you die the most? You can see how you die when the game is over. The circles you’ve created are made white in the background and the circle that causing the game to be over is made red.

In the next update the gun and black hole will come later in the game. Do you think it will help? If there’s anything to make the gameplay less confusing and frustrating please suggest me.

I have no idea how I died, and I didn’t notice the colouring of the circles. And I died pretty quickly each time. There was just too much happening. Maybe I’m just slow…

Generally, these kind of games add one element at a time, level by level, so you have time to get used to them. For example, in the first one, you might just make bubbles and try to combine same colour balloons, and not have to worry about time limits or hitting different colour balloons. Those could come in later levels. After all, most of your business is likely to come from friend referrals and reviews, so it’s important to make it fun from the very beginning…

I have updated the game now. Hope it is easier to play.

I’ve tried it, thanks, and it is easier. I wasn’t obvious to me that you can move the balloon while blowing it up, which is important and should be in the instructions, I think.

I still tend to die fairly quickly, mainly because I kept touching the sides. Why do you need to die if this happens? Why can’t the game just stop you moving outside the screen? Maybe dying like this could be an option, like a difficulty level, or come in later in the game.

Also, why can’t you move circles that have already been created? I think that would add to the fun and skills.

But please don’t go just by what I say, because your users will variously enormously in skills and perseverance. Just so you can put my comments in context, I am an older user, but I have played all the iPad favourites such as Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, and Plants and Zombies, and maxed all the levels, so I’m not a quitter. But I do decide fairly quickly if I like the gameplay or not.

I want to make it easily access to as many user as possible. And it seems that it’s a unnecessary hard game. Your suggestion is really helpful.

My free time is going to be much less now. So I’ll update the final beta version which I will try something about the border which will prevent player from dying in the early game. And the new mode will have to wait for sometimes.

Hope you guys didn’t get bored with it yet :slight_smile:

I am curious about your game so I signed up and waiting for the beta…

Ignatz said:

I wasn’t obvious to me that you can move the balloon while blowing it up, which is important and should be in the instructions, I think.

I’ll echo this. Until I realised this then the “joining circles together” just seemed weird. Once I realised that I could move them then it became a fun part of the game.

I’d also echo having different levels of play. Maybe “easy” doesn’t have the gun or the die-if-touch-walls, but only the die-if-overlap.

I have uploaded a new built which included normal and hard mode, new game center button. And many bugs fix.

This is the very last built, hopefully. Please send feedback and don’t get bored just yet. :slight_smile:

Hi wave. I tried your last version. A few comments:

• Much cleaner starting screen.
  • good to have normal and hard mode.
  • i miss a popup explanation of game goal and what to do on first start (i know there is a button to explanation menu) but when you start a game on ipad, you dont want to go into menus, you just want to know what to do then do, directly).
  • the gameplay is a bit boring in normal mode: what are we supposed to do? What is the progress we make?
  • still a bit of freeze at some moments in fluidity.
  • i still miss the ‘tap’ response on buttons. I thinks the grwth of the red circle is not very visible, nor ncessary. Just a tap would be enough.
  • i still like the music. But when the game stops because die: there is a stop: i think a little jingle of ‘lose’ is missing there.
    This is just my opinion. You did a great job on many aspects, but creating an angry bird on first try is awfully diffucult! So dont get discouraged, keep up the good work!

Thanks, I did a few final changes including your comments and have submitted it now.

Thank you everyone. You guys have helped me improve this game a lot! And thank you Simeon and TwoLivesLeft for Codea. :slight_smile:

I find it a lot better now, thank you. At least I have the chance to practise for more than a few seconds before dying.

@wave Has it been approved by Apple yet?

@JakAttak It had and will come out 15 this month.

Just signed up! Excited to test it if its still available!

@ThermoApps thank you for your interest. The beta is over now but you can download it when it’s out on 15 this month.

@waze Congrats!

What is the name for this game?