Baloonicorn

Hi , guys. I am making simple game with baloonycorn (if you played Team Fortress 2 you , might, see him in game). I want ask you some questions : 1. Should i continue development, or my game sucks?
2. Have you any ideas how make my game more funny (bonuses, cool stuff) ?

Please, give me your opinions. Maybe i should remake it to another game and be independent of the valves copyright (all arts in games not mine)

Here is
Video demonstration

I like the art

If you want to sell the app, it’s better to change the art to avoid problems

I would look at similar games to see what ideas they can give you

And you should definitely continue. Even if your game sucks at the end, it will make you a better developer, and your next game will be better too.

HI @lupino8211,

Looks great to me - possibly a little difficult - pigs seem to drop too quickly. How about reversing the thrust and trying to keep the pigs in the air. Pushing them to a net on either side of the screen doing it with a timer on each pig drop or just 1 pig at a time. You could also vary the size of the pig so that the weight and thrust response varies. If you did it on portrait orientation you could also have several nets with different scores - higher the higher the net.

Just a few ideas - like Ignatz said though - change the graphics and call it OinkNet or PiggyPotting.

Good work up to press - try to make the ballonIkorn more responsive.

Bri_G

:smiley:

@ignatz @Bri_G thank you, guys. Unicorn is my redrawing of unicorn in game. I thought about speed of falling dogs and speed of main hero - it still need work. Il include some balance in the game . And thank for suggestion. Especially weight and size - it will make some diversity in game process :slight_smile:

@Ignatz,for not to create new thread i will ask here : i have two physics bodies in separate classes. I need set collide function only for them,but i dont know solution (i tried make dist() func and collide(c) )

You can set the info property on a physics body so you can tell which one it is

a=physics.body(......) -- create body normally
a.info="a" --give it a name

The collide function can be used like this

function collide(c)
    if c.bodyA.info=="a" then --this is body a 

elseif c.bodyB.info=="a" then --this is body a

end
end

An easy way to tell if your two bodies have collided is to put this statement first inside the collide function, it just tests if the info property exists on both bodies that collided. Because you only set it for two bodies, it tells you if those bodies collided with each other.

if c.bodyA.info and c.bodyB.info then --our bodies collided
    -- do something
end

Thank you, @ignatz , i will try that

@lupino8211 You could also use:

if bodyA:testOverlap(bodyB) then
     -- What is supposed to happen
end

This tells you if the bodies are overlapping (or touching).

@Saturn031000 thank you, i’ll deal with it soon

@Saturn031000, @lupino8211 - I suspect testOverlap won’t work because the two bodies aren’t allowed to overlap, ie if they collide, they bounce off each other

@Ignatz, you are right. I tested it in a couple of minutes ago and (if i do anything right) it didnt work

@Ignatz, @lupino8211 — Works fine for me. Suggestion, put it in draw().

@Ignatz, am i right?

function collide(c)
if c.unicorn.info == "a" then
    elseif c.self.kitten == "a" then
    if c.unicorn.info and c.self.kitten then
    imglose = 1
    unicorn.type = DYNAMIC
end
end
end 

in startup, set the info value, so if k is the kitten physics object, then

k.info="kitten"

then…

function collide(c)
   if c.unicorn.info and c.self.kitten then --kitten and unicorn collided
       if c.bodyA.info == "unicorn" then
          --bodyA is unicorn, bodyB is kitten
       elseif c.BodyA.info == "kitten" then
          --bodyA is kitten, bodyB is unicorn
       end
    end
end

@Ignatz , sorry for my stupidness , but now i feel like a man with a Down Syndrome

And

Well . Im desperate and i cant handle this

sorry, I got my code wrong, try this

function collide(c)
   if c.bodyA.info and c.bodyB.info then --kitten and unicorn collided
       if c.bodyA.info == "unicorn" then
          --bodyA is unicorn, bodyB is kitten
       elseif c.BodyA.info == "kitten" then
          --bodyA is kitten, bodyB is unicorn
       end
    end
end

@Ignatz , thank you , but still not work. @Saturn031000 , you suggestion works perfect. (At first time i run TestOverlap in Main class , and this didnt work. Now i changed class and works perfect)

@lupino8211 what is with c. unicorn. info and c. self. kitten? I suspect that’s the problem…