Baloonicorn

@lupino8211 — Glad it works. :slight_smile:

Hah. Now im messing around with bonuses: i want create some bonuses for diversifying gameplay. I want spawn bonus balloon in the right on the screen (and move him to the left) in random time, but i dont understand things like : os.time (and why output is constant) , ElapsedTime, DeltaTime (mostly how convert it to the seconds correctly)

Don’t use os.time, it updates infrequently

ElapsedTime gives seconds since program began

DeltaTime is time since last draw

seconds=seconds+DeltaTime

@ignatz but DeltaTime = 1/60 of second , am i right?

not if your program is running slowly

try printing out DeltaTime in the draw function and you will see it varies, especially if draw does a lot of work

The easiest way to measure second is defining a var and put the ElapsedTime in it, then whenever you want to know how much second have past since you’ve set or reset the var, you can do

ElapsedTime - var

@Ignatz , yeah, it prints 0.01numbers . But how can i convert this into seconds?

@lupino8211, if you add it to a variable in draw, that will track seconds eg: time = time + DeltaTime

@JakAttak hah, easily. Forgive me for my inatention

Guys, i inject some bonuses in my game (only one for this moment), and changed background. Your word about this? Video demonstration

P.s Should I inform you about updates here? You can help me improve my game with your suggestions.

You can post updates here, and I’m sure you will get helpful comments. When it is ready for testing, you can ask people to help you help with that, too, if they have time.

I think the background is a bit bright (but that’s just my view) and I wouldn’t make the score flash like that. Otherwise fine.

@Ignatz thank for your comment. Im searching another background in a couple of days. I will try another background (this is intimidate)

Upd : how about this ?

That background is too bright, in my opinion. It takes away attention from the game itself. I would suggest something like this instead. (Don’t worry about copyright issues with this image, it’s under the Creative Commons license. If you plan to release the game, make sure there are no copyright issues.)

@Saturn031000 thank you , your opinion makes my game better . Have you any ideas about bonuses?

The shield bonus looks good, but you should have other bonuses as well.

@Saturn031000 thanks . I thinking about other bonuses