Acorn Mayhem - Now Available!

@pleiser no I did not sign in originally so that’s probably the problem, but I did re-download the game so it should have asked me again. Any way to fix this?

@staples, I read when encountering this bug for myself the only fix seems to be to go to settings> general > reset> reset all settings according to here (it worked for me)

~Patrick

I prefer either pixelated & retro or vector & smooth. Using smooth() on the pixelated sprites just looks weird to me, like you forgot to call noSmooth(). I just don’t really like fuzzy images.

@pleiser I like both smooth and noSmooth(). Make an option in settings to change it.

@pleiser if I may make a suggestion, it might be better to have the iAd bar at the bottom all the time. It is somewhat distracting when it appears.

@staples It appears when there is an add loaded and disappears when no ads are available, as is (I think) the reccomended behavior for iads.
@everyone, sorry fot the lack of updates and replies to this thread, I have been busy with non-app development activities and have been waiting for my graphics designer to design a new background (higher resolution) so the difference between smooth and nosmooth will not be as apparent.
~patrick

I’m just going to drop in and say I prefer the non-smoothed version, however, you might consider making the image a bit more hi-resolutionfor the background. A general rule of thumb for retro-looking games is that all pixels are the same size.
The other thing I wanted to suggest (because someone mentioned that the text doesn’t look good with noSmooth) is that you can turn smooth on and off for certain operations. So I suggest you turn off smoothing for everything but drawing images.
Thanks!

@pleiser just signed up :smiley:

@pleiser Here is another example of the landscape issue. I cannot see the squirrel.

The user and all related content has been deleted.

@NatTheCoder he’s using a testflight account to share the game rather than the code. This is important otherwise people could steal the code before it is published.

@everyone, sorry for the lack of replies, I have been busy on other projects, and waiting for my graphics designer to draw and send me a new background. The background is finally complete, and added in the latest update (0.10.5) please update and let me know what you think :slight_smile:

@kiorp great!

@staples, I can’t think of anything that could cause that other than a codea runtime bug, it only happens on certain devices (older ipad, ipad mini, but not iphone 5 or 4, or retina ipad mini), does it happen with other codea apps?

~Patrick

P.S. I accidentally re-uploaded an old version, make sure the version you download is 0.10.5

Looks pretty good on iPhone 4.

Some things I would do differently: Did you intend to have both landscape and portrait acceptable, the tree looks a little stretched while in Landscape . A space should go in between Normal Mode and Survival while player is in Portrait Mode. Under settings the explanation of Variable Speed is tough to read because some of it is blocked. When I first started whenever I clicked Exit to Menu while in the Store it automatically started a game but after I while it stopped
Some things I love: I love the night mode I found it really fun. I also thought the the Tilt works well and is responsive unlike some games. It’s also nice how you can see all your stats.
AND THE BIGGEST PROBLEM EITH THIS GAME IS THAT… My name isnt in it as a beta tester :slight_smile: Fun game I played it for a few hours at night trying to beat peoples scores.

Do you plan on having it as a free or paid app on the store. let me know
@pleiser

Ps if you do put me in as a Beta tester use Griffin Chorney

@pleiser Looks great!

@Doge, @Saturn031000, Glad you like it!

Also, I see that Gamecenter is working, and showing everyone’s scores :slight_smile: (and I’m in first place :stuck_out_tongue: )

~Patrick

I like the new background :slight_smile:

ditto ^

@pleiser I won’t have an iPad for a couple of days. Could someone post a screenshot of the new build, I’d love to see it!

@staples, sure, try here

new version background