Acorn Mayhem - Now Available!

@Saturn031000 , Ok :slight_smile: . I will add an in-app leaderboard display (or at least link to gamecenter in-app) :slight_smile:
~Patrick

On iPod some of the bg graphics look fuzzy like this

If you call noSmooth() will that make it any better? .I would recommend using a pixel font like one here(http://www.dafont.com/bitmap.php) to make your graphics more consistent. Also the green acorns can be difficult to see against the grass so maybe try a different shade of green? If you put me in the credits just use my forum name please. Nice game :slight_smile:

@pleiser I don’t think that the fact that you are using testflight makes a difference to the gamecenter leaderboard.

@Coder I think @pleiser might have already used noSmooth(). If I look closely I can see the ‘un-smooth’ edges of the text on my iPad. And I think that the fuzzy background may be on purpose.

And @pleiser, awesome idea with the purchases using points and the ability to buy points.

@coder, thanks for the feedback, I have tried noSmooth() previously, with it then it looks too sharp of edges (I think), I will try it again to check. I will look into a more pixelated font. I will try changing the grass color so it does not match the acorns.

thanks for the feedback,

~patrick

@Saturn031000, thanks for the feedback on the points system (Glad you like it! :slight_smile: )

@Coder, I can’t seem to get the custom font to work, I downloaded “Minecraftia”, put it in the resourses folder (where some fonts already were) and tried calling font(“Minecraftia”), but the font stayed the original font. I also tried font(“Minecraftia.ttf”) and font("Minecraftia.otf) (after converting to otf) with no sucess :frowning:

any suggestions?

~Patick

I have uploaded an updated build with some of the requested features (namely updated credits and a gamecenter leaderboard button). please go to the testflight app(/website) to update.

~Patrick

@pleiser It says that I’m the only one playing on the leaderboard. I’m not sure what you did wrong, but I’m sure that there should be other people.

And if you hold it in landscape on an iPad, the ‘Patronics’ logo is covering something.

@pleiser Ok, I have a couple of things. 1- I’m not sure how to use Game Center. When I first started playing I remember it asking me to sign in (not sure why I wasn’t already), but If I am required to look up the game within game center, you should implement a button to check the leaderboards from within the game. 2- When going into “night mode”, there is no change to the gameplay. 3- It might be because I don’t have a retina display or something, but the squirrel and background look slightly too fuzzy. I’m guessing that the game is suppose to be fuzzy, but it might look better if it was a bit more clear. On a side note, I agree with @Saturn031000 that the buying with points is a great idea. What I come to detest in newer games is that the option to remove ads, buy powerups, etc. don’t allow for in-game purchases, using points points, but make you pay real money.

@Staples 1: I added a button to view leaderboards in the update I released a few minutes ago. go to the testflight app or website to download the update.

2: in night mode the screen should start getting darker and only brighten when you get a lightbulb (see above screenshot from @Coder showing night mode. does this not happen for you?

3:I will try setting noSmooth, which should make it less blurry.

Side note: Thanks for the feedback, I agree. :slight_smile:

~Patrick

to me, with smooth turned off it looks way too blocky, see what you think with this screenshot.

~Patrick

@pleiser The answer to the smooth or noSmooth dilemma is simple. Just include it in the settings page and users can change it if they want. Make it something like blurry - on/off.

@plesier, it could be the library, but I’m doubtful about that. You could try using Zoyt’s Game Center library if you think that is the issue. That said, there is indeed usually a delay between setting the leaderboard in iTunes connect and it going online, so you could wait it out a bit before trying to switch libraries.

@pleiser oh yeah sorry night mode is working, I just didn’t play it through! (facepalm) As for Game Center, I really like the button option added, but when. I try to use it, it says “player is not signed in”, but I am signed in

@jakattak, I think I may know what caused the lack of other people in the leaderboard, it said in one of the threads I found (I can’t find it again) that it does not show people who spam the leaderboards (or something like that). there was a bug in the code where is submitted the high score on each frame of the game over screen. I have fixed that bug and will soon upload an updated version with that fixed and see if that helps.

@Saturn031000, Good Idea, I will do that later :slight_smile:

@pleiser I like the look on @Coder’s screenshot, is that the noSmooth version?

@Staples That’s the smooth version. The noSmooth version is linked to in a post by @pleiser above.

@staples, @saturn031000, yes the image posted by @coder is the smooth() version, but also in nightmode so the game is darker than normal.

@staples earlier post :); did you sign in at the prompt (when starting the game)? I read that there is apparently a bug in gamecenter where if you reject sign in 3 times it will not let you sign in later. does it let you view the leaderboard when going to the gamecenter app manually?

~patrick