A entire project made by the community

WolframAlpha is not really comparable to any of the calculators on the App Store at the moment, it does beyond simple equations and everything else. Stuff I dream to know about!

I also have a friend who can publish on the AppStore

I made a poll for which project you want use to do: http://poll.fm/4i6j4
Please vote.

My rpncalc project with bignum and rpl command besser than the new must powerfull calculator Hp-Prime. Wolfram alpha has very powerfull CAS too… Or calc emulators

For me a great project with all community was an artificial intelligence AI like siri or in the movie «la nuit des enfants rois» I don’t remember the english title sorry

The prodigies

Hi guys,

This is a great idea but I cannot commit at present due to my existing Codea project, but just a few thoughts to throw out from an ‘organisational’ point of view…

I would recommend Google+ as the community discussion area, you have instant chat, video conferencing in Hangouts, free message boards and calendars all of which can be private to the group…

For source code management I would recommendGitHub, it is absolutely designed for distributed management of source code across disparate teams and provides good tools for branching, code review etc. (GitHub is free for OpenSource repositories, and a pretty low monthly charge for i think up to 5 private…)

You would have to define your ‘pipelines’ for managing the code back to Codea, but I believe there is a post about incorporating Git projects on these forums.

If one person has the Apple dev license then you can as per a previous post about Jenkins and TestFlight (somewhere on forums) actually get the app out to people as an iPad download for testing…

As to the app to actually produce, a simple prototype app to prove the processes and Software Development Lifecycle probably with a strong bias to solid reusable components such as touch managers, UI managers, image caches, etc. etc. would be a good test of the groups ability to produce, followed by the ‘killer app’ to actually get something to market…

Just my thoughts :wink:

Brookesi

I’d love to help guys but my skill level with codea atm is very low :frowning:

Just a quick update for those who are interested: We are for sure doing 3D Asteroids. We’re using Skype and DropBox, partly because some of the newbies don’t know that much about setting up gits (and in fact, I don’t know too much about it either). I haven’t asked directly, but it seems we’ll be doing rapid development, so I’m going to map out the code today, so everyone else doesn’t learn the hard way (like I did with StackIt) that rapid development works only if you have mapped out your code.

@Zoyt what is an English code maker? :-??

Basically, You type in “Draw a corcle in the middle of the screen” then the program would take that and draw an ellipse at WIDTH/2, HEIGHT/2, at a Default Size. The problems I find are:
A) People not speaking to good of english, So we will need translations
B) The fact that there could be so many different ways to ask for the same thing

Oh right, personally I don’t see that working… Well it’ll work, but it won’t be very powerful. And the way you interpret text is a huge problem. It’d be nice to play with though.

@Luatee Don’t worry we aren’t making the “Code Maker” anymore, we are working on a different project.

I decided to continue on that as a side project, but im still working on the main onw with you huys

@Prynok sounds good, what is it? I’d be happy to chip in here and there, not completely in the team though

@Luatee It is a 3D asteroid game.

@Prynok like asteroids the original? Also is it fully 3D or 2D/3D top down?

The general consensus is 3D FPS

@Luatee Talking about it right now. We’re thinking fully 3D, but I’m not sure.

…My comment went up…?

Edit: Now it duplicated itself and put one where it should be…?

Edit 2: Now the duplicate’s gone…?