Zooming to a position.

So this is my code so far, just for zooming. I’m trying to make it so it zooms to the mid position of where the two touches are.

local change = (zdist-vec2(touches[1].x,touches[1].y):dist(vec2(touches[2].x,touches[2].y)))/200  
                screensize = screensize + change
                if screensize < 0.1 then
                    screensize = 0.1
                    change = 0
                elseif screensize > 3 then
                    screensize = 3
                    change = 0
                end
                local tch = {}
                for k,v in pairs(touches) do
                local tx = (touches[k].x-WIDTH/2)*screensize
                local tdx = ((origin.x-screenpos.x)*screensize+(WIDTH/2))+tx
                local ty = (touches[k].y-HEIGHT/2)*screensize
                local tdy = ((origin.y-screenpos.y)*screensize+(HEIGHT/2))+ty
                table.insert(tch,vec2(tdx,tdy))
                end
                local zp = (vec2(tch[1].x,tch[1].y)+vec2(tch[2].x,tch[2].y))/2
                local dt = ((screenpos-zp)*-change)/screensize

screenpos = screenpos + dt

zdist 
                = (vec2(touches[1].x,touches[1].y):dist(vec2(touches[2].x,touches[2].y)))

The screenpos is the middle of the sprite displaying the screen and the screen size is a 1/scale, so smaller is larger. The change is the change in distance of the two touches and the code in the for loop converts the touch position to the screen position + scale so drawing works fine, its just a matter of moving the screen to the touch midpoint using the variable ‘dt’ which I haven’t cracked yet. I’m using the sprite and scale to translate the touches to draw and all draw positions so the scale() function isn’t used nor is translate. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Difficult to help with just a small part of the program. The way to apply the zoom as you want (from a center point) is deeply linked to how you draw… And to what you expect after the fingers are released too.

Deleted, fixed, thanks @jmv38, I thought out the drawing movement and touch movement and figured it out.