When using Codea to create IPA, what's the 2D engine?

Hi everyone, I am a new comer to codea and want to create my first app in ios using codea.
I only want to ask one Q: when you develop the 2D game using codea, what engine do you use to simulate the physical movement and create bitmap? Or we have already had related engine in codea?
Just a new comer, begging your helpful answer~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m a little confused as to exactly what you’re asking.

Traditionally a game “engine” is the software that handles the graphics, stores the game’s data structures and assets, and actually executes the game logic.

But I think you’re asking about programs used to create assets. Assets are the images, 3D meshes, and sounds used by a game engine.

In Codea’s case, if you want an “engine”, you’ll either have to write one yourself or look at some of the other programs people have posted here in the forums…

If you’re asking about programs used to create assets, then any image editor should do the job. On the PC, check out Paint.net. and this Lifehacker post can give you some alternative paint programs for the Mac: http://lifehacker.com/5874394/the-best-image-editing-app-for-mac-os-x

You can also create artwork with Inkscape on PC or Mac, but it requires a little more work to get up and running, since vector tools are slightly more complex. However, once you’ve got the workflow down, actually creating and editing artwork with vector based draw programs is faster than bitmap programs.

Another way you can create assets is directly in Codea: use drawing commands to draw on an image, then save the image to storage with the saveImage() command. Here’s an example: http://twolivesleft.com/Codea/Reference/Storage.html#saveImage

Anyway, you can then plug your iPad in to your computer and drag & drop your image files on to the iPad’s drive. From there, Codea can import the images into a sprite set.

I think what you’re looking for is the built-in physics API. Check out the “Physics Lab” example, and the Physics tab in the documentation (press the eye icon on your keybard). I think you also wanted to know how to render the physics objects, and a good example would be in the “PhysicsDebugDraw” tab of the “Physics Lab” example. It’s not really commented, but hopefully you can figure it out.

Edit: The documentation on the physics API is also available here.

Also, the physics API, I believe, is called Box2D.

Thank all of you! Now I understand, first I try to have a deep look at the reference first~~~~~~