What can you do here?

I’m thinking about downloading Codea, but I want to know some things first.

Someone said they make ~$600 a month on this app. I think it is highly impossible, but I don’t know.

That same person also said they upload apps on the App Store. I think this is true, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks for the help!

That same person also said they upload apps on the App Store. I think this is true, but I just want to make sure.

Yes, you can release apps created in Codea on the App Store. To do that, you need a Mac, Xcode 7, and a $99/year Apple Dev account.

Someone said they make ~$600 a month on this app. I think it is highly impossible, but I don’t know.

Yeah I’d be pretty sceptical too!

It’s true, or at least I tihnk

To make ~$600 on an app isn’t because it’s made by Codea, but more of the advantage of the app itself. Is it useful? Is it needed? Is it known? Etc. You could make ~$600 or even more on an app using any languages or IDEs you want.

That same person also said they upload apps on the App Store.

This is true. But you can not do it directly from Codea app on your iPad. You gotta export your Codea project onto XCode on a Mac and then build it into a real iOS app using XCode. And also you gotta pay Apple Developer License that costs you $99 per year before you’re allowed to put your app into the App Store.

It’s more than possible to make $600 or more a month from App’s - Codea is just one way of making apps (there are many others), as @Bee said what matters is not the toolset you use but the quality of your finished product and the marketing your app, marketing is very important or else how will anyone know it exists.

According to the latest WWDC keynote, there are now over 2 million apps in the app store that have been downloaded over 130 billion times and Apple have paid out over $50 BILLION dollar’s in app revenue direct to developers.

So YES $600 a month IS doable - but Codea is only ONE part of a bigger picture!