WebRepo 2.0 - Easy access to projects from the Codea community (not iCloud compatible)

@Steppers - that’s right

@West Can you access the Codea folder in files? If so try deleting webrepocache.json and running it again. It’ll trigger things to redownload though (make sure any local changes to downloaded projects are backed up) but I’m really not sure what else could be going on.

@West Just spotted something actually. Bear with me

@West I think that should be the last of it now. If you comment out WebRepo.lua:21 it should auto update with the fix and the cache should be back in working order.

I’ll sort a 1.1.1 build out later and post it.

@Steppers Yes, that resolved it - thanks!

@Steppers - pulled out another file that @Xavier published in an old thread building and manipulating a model. Some nice effects - take a look.

@Steppers - here’s another one that impressed me in the early days of 3D from @Jaybob - you may think this could be an interesting demo.

@Bri_G Thanks, both of those should now be available.

Hi all,

WebRepo 1.2 is now available and is the largest update yet!

iPad

iPad

iPhone

Changes include:

• Redesigned project list (less clutter)
  • Tapping on a project now opens an info panel with additional information (including long descriptions)
  • The info panel includes separate install, update, launch and delete buttons to simplify project management.
  • A forum button has also been added to the info panel leading to the relevant discussion if one has been specified.
  • Rough download progress is overlaid onto project icons as they’re downloading.

With an awful lot of new features, new bugs are inevitable so please do let me know if you come across any :smile:

As always, if you already have WebRepo installed it should autoupdate next time you launch it. Otherwise i’ve also attached a zip.

Cheers o7
Steppers

Github Release

Man, this is fantastic and keeps getting better.

@Bri_G that @Jaybob project is sweeeet!

@UberGoober - yeah, impressed me when he first posted it. Two 3D plains and joypad rotation of field wrapped up in a small demo. You said it - sweeeeet!

@Steppers
First off, fantastic work.
Issues:

• Layout problems on iPhone version, see screenshot
  • This update crashed Codea first time I ran it
  • If you want to make the UI more iOS-like I have a couple suggestions, for comparison I’ve attached a screenshot from the App Store. First off, it’s my impression that Apple eschews button shapes in favor of highlighted text in almost all cases these days. Note in the screenshot that only “GET” is in an actual button shape and there are around five other tappable items on the screen that are only indicated only by blue text. So if you wanted to follow that standard I would suggest reserving the button shape for use only with the install/update button, and using highlighted text for the others. Also Apple seems pretty fanatic about single-pixel-width lines these days, so if you want to jive with their aesthetic when you put a border around something I’d recommend staying to one pixel as well.

And again, this is just terrific.

@UberGoober Thanks! I’m glad you’re still enjoying it.

As for the layout issues, any chance you can tell me the WIDTH & HEIGHT values on your device so I can mimic it on my device to test? I’ve only got a notched device so the resolution differs a little.

No idea about the crashes tbh but could possibly have something to do with the recent project modification changes.

With the aesthetic I’ll admit I’m not too pleased with it myself at the moment but it did the job for this update. I was just trying to reuse button code as much as possible so they all ended up looking the same but I think in the end I’ll aim for a look closer to the app store in general.

Thanks for the advice!

@Steppers liking the update!

@Steppers, I’ve noticed that on iPhone I don’t see the long descriptions for projects

Here’s another one from the archives:

Ladderman. If you’ve played timberman before, this is basically a skinned version of that.

This one should work on iPad and iPhone (works on my 11 inch iPP and iPhone 11)

@JakAttak Not sure what’s going on there then. Some projects don’t have the long descriptions so it just uses the short one instead, you could be seeing that. The soft shadows demo should definitely have one.

Thanks! Would you mind submitting it with this link? Google Form. It just makes it easier for me to track the projects that still need adding.

Yeah I checked projects which definitely have them.

And sure for the form,my apologies

@JakAttak Odd, could be the metadata hasn’t updated for some reason. Comment out line 21 in the WebRepo tab and it should redownload all of the metadata.

Thanks, just had an email for the submission :smile: