V3.4.3 (298) (299) (300)

@UberGoober it happened with 292?

@dave1707 next version should resolve the sorting issue, thank you for finding it

@Simeon Codea version 293 project sorting now works the way it should…

@Simeon I just realized that Codea loads immediately. I don’t have the 7 second delay anymore. I guess I was sidetracked with the project sort problem and didn’t notice the speed increase being fixed in the last release.

@dave1707 glad to know it’s fixed! I am not sure why it’s fixed as I didn’t really do anything that should impact it

@Simeon I’ll reload version 291 and see if it’s still in that version or if there was something else that might have affected it.

@Simeon I loaded version 291 and it took about 7 seconds for Codea to load. Reloaded version 293 and Codea loads immediately. Don’t know what you fixed by accident, but I like it.

That’s very interesting, thank you for testing that. I’ll have to compare the code changes and see if anything stands out

@Simeon - Just linked up my iPad by USB to my Mac. I can see the iPad in Finder. Open the link in Finder and select the button bar ‘Files’ option and The apps on my iPad are listed - but not Codea. Is there an option I need to set up to see Codea in Finder or is it something that needs setting up at your end ?

@Simeon neither 292 nor 293 have appeared in my TestFlight.

iPad Pro 12.9” 4th generation, 14.4.1

@Simeon - could you describe the file format for the latest betas of Codea. Tried to backup to external drive but project.codea files aren’t openable on my Mac. If I change them to zip files will their content be accessible?

@Simeon

Something is wrong with Codea. When I start some projects, all I get is a black screen and nothing responds. I have to close Codea. When I restart it, I get the Codea crashed popup. I sent a crash report. Some projects work, but some don’t.

This is with version 294.
I reloaded version 293 and getting the same thing.

Loaded version 291 and everything works OK.

Locks up on my iPhone 8 SE with version 294.

The editor frequently locks up and about 10 seconds later I get the crash popup.
It seems that backspacing to a previous line causes the editor hang.
Deleting a blank line causes a hang.

I was able to get down to this code to cause a black screen that hangs Codea. If I comment out the a= line, it runs fine.

viewer.mode=STANDARD

function setup() 
    a=asset.documents.all

fill(255)
end

function draw()
    background(0)
    text("this doesnt show",WIDTH/2,HEIGHT/2)
end

@dave2707 - sounds a bit like what I am seeing. I’m convinced it’s because I have a lot of projects and collections. I have been trying to backup by transferring projects etc. Can copy the root files with recognised file types but codea.projects just transfer as a file. Are Codea.project files just plist files pointing to the relevant internal files which are not visible?

The change in the resource filing may be causing this. My Dropbox is not working right - am trying to rebuild it.

@Simeon My iPhone 8 is receiving the updates just fine, by the way, while my iPad still isn’t.

@Bri_G @Simeon Bri, are you seeing any crashes. What I’m running into is constant hanging/crashes, either running some code or trying to use the editor. See my comments above.

#dave2707 - I’m seeing lots of crashes, when they are novel I report them by the system crash dialogue otherwise I skip them as I didn’t think repeated data would help.

I have seen:
slow loading the Codea screen
Locking of the editor screen
Crash reports when I have shelved Codea and using other apps (usually filers).

I have been able to run code.
This has been occuring for last two or three updates.

I still think this is filer related.

@Simeon Just trying to type a=asset.documents.all hangs the editor. Once I key the period before the word all, the editor is hung up. So I would say things having to do with asset is causing a problem.

@dave1707 - I would be careful with Dropbox with this beta, I wouldn’t sync it. Could be my playing around that’s messed up my system but filing problems may be difficult to resolve. Made me rethink how I work in future.

@Bri_G I don’t use Dropbox that often. I just keep my Codea backups there. That’s once every couple of months.

Thank you for reporting this, will reproduce and fix! Sorry about the bug, lots of underlying changes were made