SpaceWar - WIP - name to be changed

@yojimbo2000 yeah I saw that, but I decided to go flat 2D as that would be easyer for fps and for myself xd I don’t feel like making 50ish 3D models of spaceships :stuck_out_tongue:

@stevon8tor I would take this in a Star Trek/simulated galxey direction. The goal is to try and “catalog” as much pf the galaxy as you can belfore your ship gets destroyed.

@Goatboy76 Yes! This sounds awesome, and I think procedural generation would be the way to go. I’ve had a bit of experience with a few techniques, and I’d be happy to give you some tips if you haven’t used procedural generation before @stevon8ter. With large worlds, I would recommend generating each section of the universe either only when you enter them, or all at once and use coroutines to make a loading screen. In the long run, the latter might take longer initially, but overall I think it would definitely be the better choice, to maximize player immersion. Anyways, this is all my opinion, but I like what @Goatboy76 said and procedural generation, like in Faster Than Light, would be amazing and different every time. Honestly, I rarely play games that do not implement procedural generation.

@Goatboy76 @TheSolderKing Thanks for your opinions guys, but I’m already focussed on what I want it to become, I already have it all planned out, but hey, noone will stop you 2 from making a game like that your own :slight_smile:

On the other end of this post, does anyone have any comments about the menu? I know it’s not an absolute beauty, but I wouldn’t mind any tips on how it could look better, or I wouldn’t mind hearing if there actually is anything right about the menu already