Should be able to export a template

Yes, you can make a project from it, and then export that, but unless there’s something that makes it special, templates are particularly nice to export, as they might be useful to others.

Thanks for considering!

@RonJeffries - not sure what you mean here. Essentially any project can be saved as a template and loaded from the new project menu. If you need to make it clear save the copy as templateX so you can have several templates. The last template becomes the default template for loading from the new project template menu.

On the sharing front you have been sharing zipped project files on your website so why not templates. I have one with my usual common variables defined in a separate tab.

you can’t export a template project to zip.

Create a new project with a template, then export the new project.

@RonJeffries - you design a template in Codea as a Codea file, duplicate it and then load one of the files and set it as the default template. You can then export the master Codea file (or the copy whichever you didn’t use for the template).

i know a workaround. i’m suggesting that we should skip the workaround and just let templates be exported.

Added this to the list for Codea 3.2.6