Returning to Codea

@RonJeffries I just tried this in the App Store version of Codea, 2.6.1 (120)

I tapped on the zip file of Codea projects in the Files app and imported them

https://youtu.be/HMsw-vOlvQ0

@dave1707 thanks for catching the .trash issue!

@Simeon I was able to do an export using the zip file. One thing I found out was it doesn’t work from the Files app if the zip file has the cloud with a down arrow icon on the file. It also takes about 30 seconds in Codea before the window shows and I can select projects. During that time it looks like nothing is happening. I have a lot of projects and the zip file is 20.5MB.

Yes mine had a cloud. What does one do in that case?

@RonJeffries I’m not sure of the exact way to get a file to and from the cloud, but I long pressed on the file until options showed. I did the duplicate option and I ended up with both files without the cloud icon. I deleted one of them. I think you can tap on the file and it will open Codea and eventually give you a menu. If that doesn’t open Codea, long press the file, select share, then find open or copy to Codea.

i’ll try that next time i’m in the room with the old iPad :slight_smile: should Codea be running, or stopped, or does it matter?

@RonJeffries I don’t think it matters, but if it doesn’t work with Codea running, try it stopped. It might take several seconds for the menu to show in Codea. For me it’s like 30 seconds.

ok, got it. when the cloud was on it (not DLed), it wouldn’t go to codea. if i touched the file, i had a zip app, izip, that took control, and didn’t do the file download. i deleted that app, then touching downloaded and then share with codea worked. thanks!

@RonJeffries Glad things worked. I also have iZip. To get around the file going to iZip, you long press the file and select share. That brings up a menu with different options. You can select copy to Codea and it will send the file there.