Question about modding codea

My iPad is jailbroken, so I can directly modify apps. There are several changes I want to make that would be fairily simple to do- for example, adding the ^ to the math tab, shrinking the size of the project display So that i can see me all at once, making it so that pressing return after typing end tabs one less than before, yadda yadda… Stuff that would be incredibly easy to do, but…

Many apps have hidden checks to see if they have been modded, and nuke emselves if they have been. I am aware that if I mess up the program through my own modification it is my own fault, but will the app actively punish me for any changes whatsoever?

I hope to get an answer soon,just adding a few customizations to the editor keys, like move line up and down, would speed my workflow up tremendously…

Some of us have added spritepacks or modified libraries, with no ill effects. YMMV, of course, but I don’t think that TLL did anything special to prevent tampering with the binary. I know I ran it on my jailbroken original ipad, monkeying with it’s innards, for the longest time.

Thanks! Already added a few new buttons to the keyboard… Sure is making life easier…

If for TTL guys it’s ok, can you share your mods? if so usefull, you could also suggest your changes for next release! does it exist a repository of all the known way to improve codea? I’ve seen some tips by @Zoyt, but I don’t know if there are others

@KMEB we don’t check for changes. If you have any cool mods please share them and we’ll see if they are appropriate to include in a subsequent release.

Will do! :slight_smile: