Obj-c on ipad!

@zoyt I can easily log into my pc and unzip it but I’m trying to do it all from my iPad.

@Briarfox - I’m pretty confident that once you get the .zip into DropBox, you can tap on it to uncompress it, but I may be wrong (I don’t have internet connection on my iPad right now). If that doesn’t work, I have my VNC app, Screens, set up to access my remote Mac (or just your Mac, in your situation) so I can do things like create graphics, edit IB, Storyboard files, SpriteKit particle emitters, etc.
Edit: Another possibility is to use Documents, a free app (which is the best file manager I’ve seen so far), which I know for sure can uncompress .zip files. It can also connect to DropBox and my other services. I tend to make the most of my iPad while I save up for my laptop. I think I might create a quick video on how to set up an app completely on my iPad.

clarification- Wouldn’t you still need to put in xcode to archive and submit it?

@jrohanian - Yes. All that Dringend does is edit code and distribute it to your device. It doesn’t let you do a lot of other things that you need Xcode for.

@Briarfox - That’s so weird that DropBox can not uncompress .zip files. Anyways, just use Documents.

@Zoyt will documents then import the unzipped project back into dropbox?

@Briarfox - Not quite sure what you mean, but Documents can work as a DropBox manager. I managed to uncompress a file and put it on DropBox with it just now.

@zoyt thanks I’ll try it out, i was using izip but it re zips it when sending it to dropbox.

@Zoyr Documents 5 by Readdle? I think that’s the one you mean. (If it isn’t, look at it. It’s amazing.)

@Briarfox - a bit late, but if I well remember, you have Textastic, it handle unzipping file, download and upload to Dropbox. Also I’ve stumbled around cloudconvert.org, awesome file convertion / packing / unpacking and direct upload download from Dropbox/GD, limited to 100 files for unpack. And they have REST services, if some folks want to write a Codea bridge to it…

@toffer I know nothing about REST but its time to learn!

@Briarfox - In this case it’s nothing else than sending json data over http requests. :slight_smile:

Textastic is great

@SkyTheCoder - You misspelled my name, so I didn’t get the notification. Yes, that’s the one. I’ve been a long time user.