Next version suggestions (Current 2.1.1)

+1 to the iPhone simulator on ipad idea

Having accidentally deleted blocks of code with my not so dexterous fingers, I feel that the best addition in the next version would be an “undo/redo” feature!

@RiverForge There is an undo already. You just have to do the undo before you run the program.

Better alert api
More music formats supported

Bring back in the list of all the functions defined in your project
Under create new(file and class) have shader which makes a tab pre populated with blank fragment and vertex shaders in strings

parameter.sprite() brings up a sprite picker
parameter.vector() a grid to select a vector value on

I wish there were parameter popups like with built-in functions (stroke(), fill() ) for functions defined in our projects so I know what and how many variables my function takes. maybe the ‘nil’ keyword could be used for function arguments if you mean that the function requires zero parameters?

The ability to rename a project! The only way I know how to get around this is to duplicate the project and rename it.
And maybe an undo and redo button on the top of the keyboard along with the other shortcuts, so it would be easier to make edits.

@YoloSwag Undo/redo is already in, press the .?123 button to see the undo and then the #+= to get redo. (Only works before you run the project)

The user and all related content has been deleted.

@NatTheCoder Sprite is a function. What do you mean? If you make a class, you can store x and y values and sprite an image at them. You can then change the x and y to make it “move.”

@matkatmusic I’ve been on the forum for 2.5 years and I dont think there’s ever been a time that I wanted to look at what was on the forum while I was editing/writing code. It would be nice if Apple allowed split screen so the editor and the forum can be seen next to each other.

@dave1707 - to be fair, if I’ve been copying code or working on an example then I do, but having the forum open in Safari and doing a four finger swipe across works well enough for me.

At the end of the day it’s easy to forget that Codea is actually running on an iPad (with all of the iOS restrictions) and not a fully fledged laptop.

How long do you think it will be until the update is released?

@NatTheCoder And if you had multiple classes defined in one tab, then renamed the tab?

@SkyTheCoder. Yes I do know about the redo/undo buttons, but they require tapping one too many buttons. It would be nice if there was a undo/redo button somewhere on screen for easy access. And it would be even better if they would work after the program was run. I don’t know about you guys, but for apps like Pages where I’m writing a lot of stuff down, those buttons are an essential part of the application.

@YoloSwag How about shaking your iPad?