Next version suggestions (Current 2.1.1)

(Edit - February 22)

Main

• LFS (file system library)
  • Bluetooth keyboard : all keys support (arrows, shift, alt, …) [in global function keyboard]

I think codea is the most Advanced Lua Program Builder on iPad since Codify.
( All In iPad, 2D Sprite, 3D Shaders Effect, Body, Output Text, AirCode, Tweens )
It’s great but what is missing :

• Play WAV, MP3

• IO File System, SQL Database

• GUI like Cider with Menus and Dropdown and Gloss Button ( Psion’s Dialog )

• Textospeech in multilingual because ipad’s screen is’nt very large

• Easily import/export source code ( with PC Windows 7 not Apple )

• 1 Folder = 1 project containing icon, spritepack, code source class
    The folder in Documents or Dropbox

Thanks for all releases, It’s very great

-Io file system: do you know you have io class working. Due to apple restrictions you are however sandboxed to documents folder. And cant list directory content.

The 2 things that I’m waiting for are listProjects(), and file directory. File io is working just fine and I don’t mind being limited to the documents folder because I can sync files between my iPad and PC with Dropbox.

Music +1

Inteli-sence for code within a project and its dependencies so you can see /get suggestions for your global variable names, global functions, static functions and instance members as you type and possibly custom snippets and refactoring options like rename with reference replace and code extraction :slight_smile:

We have some great stuff planned for music and sound. I really look forward to showing you.

They’ve got a new asset manager and sound player. All that’s left is a function for when it closes or is paused.

The intellisense bar should be able to get global variables defined by the user and function names, I think it’s been mentioned though.

How about using iOS push notifications to notify you when someone comments on your discussion, or a bookmarked discussion

@Jmv38, for the filesystem, i just want list files in dropbox directory…

@JakAttak really interesting idea. I’m not sure how feasible it is but it’s something I’d like to look into.

@Luatee / @XanDDemoX there are definitely plans to improve the autocompletion.

@Jmv38 @HyroVitalyProtago @hpsoft I am thinking about including lfs, a more advanced file system library for Lua. You can learn more here: http://keplerproject.github.io/luafilesystem/

Search & replace +1

How about a function to add a dependency, warn if you if it doesn’t exist, and maybe have a way to download the code from the Internet and save it as a project?

And maybe some more versions of the alert() function? Right now it can just display text, and have an OK button, but how about one that can ask a question, and have yes and no buttons? (Returns a boolean?) Or maybe one that can load a table of strings and have a button for each one, and it returns the text that was on the button that was pressed?

Also: Fix multi-line comments graying out the rest of your code on AirCode, please?

@Simeon looks like this lfs would do it.

@Simeon Awesome! I was hoping you’d say that :slight_smile: One more would be an “un-tab/indent” selection button unless there already is one and I’ve missed it (which is entirely possible, I only found the shader lab when air code was released after the video highlighted that the menu-opening-button looking part of the background was actually a button that opens a menu :wink: ).

Edit: and two others :slight_smile: Browse interface/search and edit code in dependencies without switching project and side-by side tab editing (with two tabs but unfortunately probably wouldn’t be practical/usable with anymore than that :frowning: ).

+1 for sound (ogg,mp3,wav), with pause, time seek/jump, and volume control.
great to hear but the word planned worries me a bit. :slight_smile:

3D sound, with panning & volume changing with the camera position & angle, with sound at a 3D point (moveable?)?

@SkyTheCoder You could write your own basic 3d sound script with some good sound playback functions

I’m working on one in Craft Studio. It has Lua scripting.

So we already have a button to increase the indent of a code block, how about changing that button to work for both increasing and decreasing indent similar to the cursor movement and the text selection buttons? I’m pretty OCD when it comes to formatting code, and having to backspace out the indentations when I move a block of code outside of an if statement or for loop is a pain in the butt.