Monthly Game Competition - What do you think?

The first official competition will start fairly soon.

Good. Can’t wait. I made my competition only for the fun of having one and having a conetition for others in the meantime. :slight_smile:

@Zoyt no problem. Competitions are fun.

If only I could participate in my own. Looking forward to it TLL!

I would totally be up for this. I took part in a Ludum Dare last year and it was hugely fun and I learnt a lot. :slight_smile:

It strikes me that Codea might be a really nice tool for entering a generic 48-hour “dare” style challenge – assuming the rules of the challenge didn’t require that the game be playable outside the dev environment.

I’ve unannounced this thread. Please see the Codea Play announcement for the first competition details.

@Simeon i love the graphics :slight_smile:
@Zoyt: i have skinned the game with asteroids,space,(mining) and those stuff, when is the deadline?

@juaxix - The deadline was the 12 and you could only skin your own apps, but I don’t think I’ll continue my competitions with this AWSOME(!) competition TLL is hosting :smiley: Let me know if I should continue it. Thanks!

Ok, i’m going to post a modified puzzle bobble with space topic :slight_smile:
Here it is @Zoyt:
http://twolivesleft.com/Codea/Talk/discussion/668/space-puzzle

I’m interested. Being new to Codea and it’s community, it would be nice to see what it’s capable of

I would be interested, I’m new to Lua and Codea but I’m getting the hang of it. I just think a week or so might be too short for me. I’ve got classes and work so I won’t have that much time to code something in a week’s time unless it’s spring break or something.

I think regular competitions are a wonderful idea - as for winning and prizes etc, how about having special forum “badges” as bragging rights?