List of banned users and IPs

@Simeon Is there any way to block an IP address from the forum. I’ve been deleting a lot of ads each morning ( 4 so far this morning ). I usually delete the user and content, but they seem to keep coming from the same 2 or 3 IP addresses. Nothing inappropriate, the content just doesn’t belong on the forum.

I’d like to block Gmx.com

I think it would be easier to go back to approving new users, we only get one a day, vs about ten spam bots where we have to delete the post as well as ban the bot

@Simeon It’s 10AM and I have already deleted 5 spam discussions. I’m not sure if a person or a bot is doing this, but it seems to be on the increase. I’ve deleted 1 or 2 each day over the last week or so. It only takes a few seconds to get rid of the spam and user, but they’re out there for everyone to see until they’re deleted. Some of them are not appropriate for all age groups.

It would be far less work to approve new members

I would like to block an IP address (xxx.xxx.xxx) and approving/deleting anything from that address. That way the legitimate users on other addresses are allowed through with no checking. If someone starts over posting junk, that address could be blocked and their postings can be checked/deleted before letting it through.

Can’t we add a “verify you’re human”, or verify you’ve downloaded Codea question? That would filter out the bots, and maybe some of the human spammers too

The IP addresses, change, unfortunately. There are some domains they use a lot,
Ike gmx.com, but not always.

@yojimbo2000 If you log out and then try to create another username, you’ll see there’s a question that you need to answer. A bot might be able to get the correct combination and get through. I can’t believe someone will go thru all the trouble to create a username and answer the question just to have their post and username deleted time after time. @Ignatz The IP address seems to be the same 3 or 4. If we can block the address using the first 3 groups of numbers, the 4th group that changes a lot won’t matter.

Deleted several more spam posts. And yes, the IP addresses seem to be all different now. Maybe the best way is to verify new users and once they post OK, then they can be flagged to post without verification. I just don’t want to get into having to verify every post.

I had several more, too. This is getting very annoying.

Hey guys

I’ve deleted 20 or so of these over the last month or so. @Ignatz I agree this is getting pretty annoying. I’ll see if there’s anything we can do on our end to reduce the manual effort required to deal with these.

As of now, I’ve had enough. I see five new ones.

I’m not deleting any more posts and users until this problem is fixed.

I’m not even actively using Codea, but I’m wasting my time banning users unnecessarily because apparently nobody can be bothered to deal with the problem.

Fix it, please!!!

@Ignatz I understand your frustration. I’ve deleted the offending posts / users and set registration to approval until I find a better method.

Thanks, sorry i was grumpy

I haven’t had to delete any spam posts in awhile, but I deleted 2 this morning. Has someone been beating me to them or did the spam slow down.

@Simeon @yojimbo2000 @anybody Has anyone heard from @Ignatz. It’s been about a month since his last post.