Links to other coders that Codea could learn from

Hello all you other coders,
As you can tell from the title, I’ve included all the other coders out there on the app store that I know of. Many of these are much worse than Codea, and Codea is by far my favorite. But iLuaBox has a few advantages. They even allow Lua plugin that aren’t through in-app purchases and GUI! But the environment is LAME! Hope this might help see your competitors and helps you find ideas to advance Codea. If anyone finds any other coders that can run code, please LMK. I’me soon going to add prices of the apps, add a file IO section, and buy a few of them to find more answers. You can find it here.
Hope this helps (not that Codea needs any)!
P.S. Simply Lua is offering 10 free copies for those curious fellows here.

I have been playing around with AppCraft, but it doesn’t seem to be updated anymore.

I found Luna to be an excellent complement to Codea because it allows multiline text input in a pop up. I use that in a program to convert large strings (e.g. Base64 encoded png files) into lua code that can be used in Codea.

I use that in a program to convert large strings (e.g. Base64 encoded png files) into lua code that can be used in Codea.

@Herwig… Sounds interesting… care to give us a more concrete example of this (with code)?

@Blanchot Sure! Nothing fancy. The following code (for Luna) takes a string as input, splits it into pieces and outputs to the log, where you can easily copy and paste it from.

`
linelen=80

function subst(str,substr,repstr)
  local pieces,nrp=strbreak(str,substr)
  local res=pieces[0]
  for piece=1,nrp-1 do
    res=res..repstr..pieces[piece]
  end
  return res
end

strIn = read('String to put in lua')
flg=true
pref='bindata="'
while (flg) do
  if (strlen(strIn)>linelen) then
    str=strsub(strIn,0,linelen)
    strIn=strcut(strIn,0,linelen)
  else
    str=strIn
    flg=false
  end

str=subst(str,'\\\\','\\\\\\\\')
  str=subst(str,'"','\\\"')
  str=subst(str,'\
','\\\
')

log(pref..str..'"')
  pref='.."'
end
`

Saw Luna, looked slightly interesting…AppCraft had a potential, if only the makers had an iPhone and saw the bugs on the iPhone and fixed all the other bugs :-((