Lemmings game

@domingo That version seemed to scale OK on my iPhone 8, but it wouldn’t go to the next level after all the lemmings went through the opening.

It’s only a trial version, I’m sure that in several models it will not work well, as in my iPhone X.

@domingo I’m sure @UberGoober will work on it. I’m not into games, I just wanted to see if it was scaled OK and played.

@domingo cool - I had a go at creating it from scratch a few years back - https://codea.io/talk/discussion/6875/simple-lemmings-type-game

For your port there are a few differences from the original (that you’re probably aware of)

1. You can assign a skill multiple times to a lemming
  2. The lemmings default to walking right when they land rather than retaining their direction of travel
  3. Explosions don’t remove the ground.
  4. Floaters should fall at half the speed of free falling
  5. The positioning of the diagonal dig earth removal is slightly off
  6. No explosion countdown
  7. The maximum release rate is too slow
  8. The animation speed is too fast

Having said all this - I’m super impressed!

@domingo @UberGoober here is a stripped down version with scaling and offsetting of the main window. Only walkers and fallers implemented. Touch screen to add/remove background- tap in top right to toggle add/subtract modes

@West - very neat, even alllowed me to change scale from 1 max to 2 max. Only oddity in it is when I touch and drag it paints the touch areas red whatever scale your in. Great demo, like the scalinfpg effect.

Edit: Sheesh, I need to read the instructions on screen re the top right symbol. What exactly are the modes for this, and does tapping the Lemmings just change their behaviour or add coloured spots?

@Bri_G sorry - should have been clearer. This is only a demo of scaling and offset. Touching the screen either adds a red circle of terrain (+), removes a circle of terrain like an exploding lemming does in the original game (-) or adds a sprite (s) - in this case a green grass sprite. The latter was to test if the ellipse function or set function introduced the slight lag - it’s the latter. Might potter on this and add in some additional functions as per @domingo original code

@domingo Full version 2.0.0 should be available on WebRepo now

I uploaded on the WebRepo a new version of the game, with more levels, music… And here you can find a fully scalable version. It should work on any iPad and iPhone, in landscape as well as in portrait mode. But I do prefer the iPad only version.

@domingo - neat, big improvement. Just a couple of observations

• in the last level after using a couple of builders to build the ramp, the first one was short and dropped down to the floor below. Then froze and wouldn’t explode.
  • In the second level I added parachutes whilst the Lemmings were walking. As they dropped down the steps the umbrellas flashed on then off. Also as they dropped the last step they seemed to rotate rather than rock side to side.

Trivial things but couldn’t complete the last level. Good work. Thanks.

@domingo - good stuff. I noticed that your sprite sheet is missing a few animations - there is no shrug when the builder finishes to make a follow on build. Also, there is normally a 5 second countdown before exploding. Been enjoying messing about with the code. Thanks for sharing

@domingo this is just great. How did you do this? It can’t just be reverse-engineering, can it?

Using WebRepo, if you wanted, you could upload the entire project including the music, I think.

Would it be okay if I uploaded the scalable version as a separate project? It’s great for iPhone users to be able to enjoy it too.